Digital TV News: Horowitz Research
Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
Apr 27, 2017 – The rise of streaming is being driven largely by the increase of streaming to the TV set, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD study released to clients last week.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
U.S. millennials stream more than half of their TV
May 4, 2016 – Streaming is the new normal for Millennials, according to Horowitz Research. Millennial (18-34 year-old) TV content viewers in the U.S. report spending 54% of their TV viewing time streaming and just 25% live.
News categories: Horowitz, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
PCCW Media launches Viu OTT video service
Oct 20, 2015 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced its Viu Over-the-top (OTT) video service. On October 26, Viu will debut in Hong Kong and then progressively be rolled-out across Asia including India, and the Middle East.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Middle-East, Streaming
OTT complementary to, not a replacement for, traditional pay TV
Aug 11, 2015 – Research from Horowitz Research shows that over-the-top streaming video on demand (OTT SVOD) services remain a complement to, not a replacement for, traditional pay TV. Among OTT SVOD users, 78% are also multichannel subscribers.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers