Digital TV News: Huawei
Alchimie partners with Amagi for AVOD distribution
Nov 17, 2021 – Alchimie has partnered with Amagi for channel creation and distribution to AVOD platforms. Amagi is distributing 23 of Alchimie's channels to Rakuten TV and to Samsung TV Plus in 5 European countries – France, Spain, UK, Italy, and Germany.
News categories: Amagi, Alchimie, Srinivasan KA, Chittouma Sananikone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, UK
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
castLabs supports Huawei WisePlay DRM
Aug 25, 2021 – castLabs has announced support for Huawei's WisePlay DRM to enable streaming services to securely reach Huawei phones and tablets running EMUI or HarmonyOS smart TVs that are compatible with WisePlay.
News categories: castLabs, Huawei, Bryce Pedersen, James Xu, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Smart TV, Worldwide
HUAWEI Cloud using ATEME transcoders for live sports in Brazil
May 25, 2021 – ATEME has announced that HUAWEI Cloud is using ATEME transcoders in Brazil to support the Huawei Elastic Cloud Server (ECS) platform, which offers an application environment for streaming live OTT events.
News categories: ATEME, Huawei, Luis Silva, Fernando Penna, Binro Duan, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Connectivity Standards Alliance announces smart home protocol
May 11, 2021 – The Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), formerly known as the Zigbee Alliance, has announced Matter – the interoperable, secure connectivity standard for the future of the smart home.
News categories: Connectivity Standards Alliance, Tobin Richardson, Bruno Vulcano, David Shearer, Jim Kitchen, George Yianni, Samantha Osborne, Alex Yang, Smart Home, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
Apr 12, 2021 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $466.2 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.4% from 2019, according to final results from Gartner. Intel retained its position as the No. 1 global semiconductor vendor by revenue in 2020.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, COVID-19, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
Mar 3, 2021 – While in recent years OLED TV has seen its share of the premium TV market deteriorate, OLED TVs and the brands that sell them regained much of that lost ground in the fourth quarter of 2020, according to DSCC.
News categories: DSCC, Bob O’Brien, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
AR/VR device shipments projected to reach 43.2 million units in 2025
Jul 23, 2020 – Total shipments of AR/VR devices are expected to reach 5.12 million units in 2020, according to TrendForce. The market is projected to have a compound annual growth rate of 53.1% from 2020 to 2025.
News categories: TrendForce, Jason Tsai, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
Jul 6, 2020 – Fraunhofer HHI (together with partners including Apple, Ericsson, Intel, Huawei, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and Sony) is celebrating the release and official adoption of the video coding standard H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC).
News categories: Fraunhofer HHI, Media Coding Industry Forum, Benjamin Bross, Dr. Detlev Marpe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server