Digital TV News: Hunter Sappington
10% of U.S. broadband households watch esports
Jul 10, 2018 – Parks Associates has announced research on the rise of esports, showing 10% of U.S. broadband households are watching this new form of content. Parks defines esports as professionally or semi-professionally organized competitive video gaming events.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Over 85% of U.S. millennials subscribe to at least one OTT video service
Jun 21, 2018 – More than 85% of millennials in U.S. broadband households subscribe to at least one OTT video service. This finding comes from Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker, which covers the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. viewing habits settling as spending and multiplatform usage drop
Apr 5, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates shows that U.S. broadband households report their average monthly expenditure on video entertainment outside of a pay-TV subscription has dropped from $29 in the past two years to $23 in the last half of 2017.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, PAYTV19, Streaming, USA
9% of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a VR headset in the next year
Jun 29, 2017 – Parks Associates has announced a report revealing that 9% of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a virtual reality headset within the next year. Purchase intentions have nearly doubled since early 2016, when only 5% planned to purchase a VR headset.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Tu Skuse, Market Research, Metaverse, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December