Digital TV News: Hunter Sappington
10% of U.S. broadband households watch esports
Jul 10, 2018 – Parks Associates has announced research on the rise of esports, showing 10% of U.S. broadband households are watching this new form of content. Parks defines esports as professionally or semi-professionally organized competitive video gaming events.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Over 85% of U.S. millennials subscribe to at least one OTT video service
Jun 21, 2018 – More than 85% of millennials in U.S. broadband households subscribe to at least one OTT video service. This finding comes from Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker, which covers the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. viewing habits settling as spending and multiplatform usage drop
Apr 5, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates shows that U.S. broadband households report their average monthly expenditure on video entertainment outside of a pay-TV subscription has dropped from $29 in the past two years to $23 in the last half of 2017.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, PAYTV19, Streaming, USA
9% of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a VR headset in the next year
Jun 29, 2017 – Parks Associates has announced a report revealing that 9% of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a virtual reality headset within the next year. Purchase intentions have nearly doubled since early 2016, when only 5% planned to purchase a VR headset.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Tu Skuse, Market Research, USA, VR
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom