Digital TV News: Hypothesis Group
Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
May 25, 2022 – Roku and Walmart Canada have announced the launch of onn. Roku TV models. The TVs will be available in Canada and sold exclusively in-store and online at Walmart starting this month.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Marcin Lempka, Mallory Craigmile, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX
CNN+ launches on the Roku platform in the U.S.
Apr 11, 2022 – CNN+ has launched in the United States on the Roku platform. The Roku channel store will contain both the CNN+ subscription service app and access to the existing TV everywhere experience for pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Roku, CNN+, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku launches advertising business in Mexico
Feb 2, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the expansion of its advertising business to Mexico, allowing brands and content providers to reach consumers through ad-supported content on its TV streaming platform.
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Advertising, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku brings Nielsen audience guarantees to its ad buying platform
Feb 1, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has launched Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) audience guarantees on OneView, making OneView the first ad buying platform to enable Nielsen guarantees across TV streaming.
News categories: Roku, Nielsen, Louqman Parampath, Tyler DeNicola, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
Jan 27, 2022 – Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in Canada, based on hours streamed, according to a study conducted by the Hypothesis Group. Canadian Roku users are streaming a wide variety of entertainment on the Roku platform.
News categories: Roku, Hypothesis Group, Arthur van Rest, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
Nov 30, 2021 – Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico, based on hours streamed, according to a study from the Hypothesis Group. This leadership position comes as the company closes 2021 with 8 Roku TV partners in Mexico and the availability of the new Roku Streaming Stick 4K player.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku extends TV agreement with TCL to Brazil
Sep 30, 2021 – SEMP TCL has extended its partnership with Roku to bring TCL Roku TV models to Brazil later this year, while also introducing a new lineup of SEMP Roku TV models in the country this week.
News categories: Roku, SEMP TCL, Arthur van Rest, João Rezende, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
Sep 21, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) is to launch an app that will allow Shopify merchants to create TV streaming ad campaigns, opening the door for SMBs to grow branding and revenue through TV advertising.
News categories: Roku, Shopify, Jared Lefkowitz, Amir Kabbara, Andrew Goble, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Pandemic has accelerated move to TV streaming in the U.S.
Sep 9, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has published the results of its annual survey that provides insights into consumer TV viewing behaviors and preferences and how the pandemic accelerated the ongoing shift to TV streaming.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK