Digital TV News: IAB
Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
Nov 30, 2022 – Breezeline has extended its advanced fiber network into Durham, New Hampshire. The company has also introduced Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based service that integrates live TV, DVR, On Demand and streaming apps.
News categories: Breezeline, Aaron Brace, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
Nov 28, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that Mediaroom Play is powering more TV services for viewers in Canada. Most recently, MediaKind worked with Bell Canada on the latest evolution of its Fibe TV service.
News categories: MediaKind, Bell Canada, Steve Payne, Android TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
Nov 28, 2022 – DAZN and Irdeto have joined forces to fight piracy in sports streaming. Their existing partnership has been extended to include Irdeto Anti-Piracy services, and Irdeto has become DAZN's primary multi-DRM provider.
News categories: Irdeto, DAZN, Mark Mulready, Sandeep Tiku, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
Nov 16, 2022 – Redge Media CDN has joined the EPIX traffic exchange node belonging to the MiŚOT Group. Thanks to the cooperation, EPIX participants and their clients have direct access to content distributed by Redge Media CDN.
News categories: Redge Media, EPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
Nov 21, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that its broadpeak.io SaaS product, supporting automatic content replacement, is being used by several video service providers for video streaming during the 2022 world football competition in Qatar.
News categories: Broadpeak, Gtd, Síminn, Mathias Guille, Cristian Carcamo, David Gunnarsson, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland
IAB Tech Lab initiative aims to bring addressability to all TV environments
Nov 10, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has launched an initiative to set technical standards to bring universal addressability to all TV environments. To achieve many of the goals Video Watermark Technology will be instrumental.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Shailley Singh, Stephane Krzywoglowy, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
VIZIO reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 9, 2022 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2022. The company reported that there are now 16.6 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 15% year-on-year.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
THEMA chooses OKAST to launch ‘My Bouquet Africain’ in Europe
Nov 7, 2022 – THEMA has tapped OKAST for the distribution of its African content offering, under the name 'My Bouquet Africain'. My Bouquet Africain is targeted at the French-speaking sub-Saharian African audience in Europe.
News categories: OKAST, THEMA, Cédric Monnier, Timothée Vidal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding