Digital TV News: IAB
Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
Jun 10, 2021 – Gigared has chosen Appear to help deliver HD content to more subscribers across the country. Gigared has deployed Appear’s mux X20 and XC5000 ISDB-T modulator at its central headend.
News categories: Appear, Gigared, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Juan Ramon Garcia Bish, Argentina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T
First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
Jun 9, 2021 – TVU Networks has announced that its technology was used in Portugal’s first football games broadcast using 5G. The demos took place at the country’s first 5G–enabled stadiums – Estádio da Luz and Estádio José Alvalade.
News categories: TVU Networks, NOS, Ibertelco, Rafael Castillo, Felipe Montesinos Gomes, 5G, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
Jun 9, 2021 – Sky, ITV and Channel 4 are working together to launch CFlight, an advertising metric that captures live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions across all mainstream viewing platforms in the UK.
News categories: Sky Media, ITV, Channel 4, NBCUniversal, Tim Pearson, Kelly Williams, Veriça Djurdjevic, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
Jun 8, 2021 – Appear has announced that Sappa has deployed its technology to deliver live TV in Sweden. Sappa has deployed Appear's X and XC Platforms to support the delivery of live video for its TV and OTT service, Sappa Play.
News categories: Appear, Sappa, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Hasse Svensson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development
Jun 8, 2021 – Accedo has announced that it worked with Telecine to deploy an updated version of Telecine Play, an SVOD service in Brazil. The updated version will initially be available on Samsung Smart TVs.
News categories: Accedo, Telecine, Fabio Lima, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Comscore wins back local TV measurement at Capitol Broadcasting
Jun 7, 2021 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Capitol Broadcasting with local TV measurement, including for WRAL & WRAZ in Raleigh, NC.
News categories: Comscore, Capitol Broadcasting, Steve Walsh, Joel Davis, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
Verimatrix multi-DRM solution integrates NexPlayer SDK
Jun 2, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced a partnership with NexStreaming. Verimatrix has integrated the company's NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK into its Verimatrix Multi-DRM Core solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexStreaming, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Lucas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
CUJO AI reveals North American connected device usage patterns
Jun 2, 2021 – CUJO AI has released its annual device intelligence report. The report explores connected device usage patterns and trends based on data from more than 1 billion devices in the Unites States and Canada.
News categories: CUJO AI, Kimmo Kasslin, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, VR
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development