Digital TV News: IEEE Standards Association
IEEE adopts HDBaseT for Ultra HD connectivity
Jan 6, 2015 – The HDBaseT Alliance and IEEE have announced that the HDBaseT standard has been approved by the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Standards Board for adoption as part of the organization’s standard portfolio.
News categories: HDBaseT Alliance, IEEE Standards Association, Ariel Sobelman, Konstantinos Karachalios, CES2022, Smart Home, Worldwide
IEEE publishes standard for Coexistence in the TV White Space
Sep 17, 2014 – IEEE and the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) have announced the availability of the IEEE 802.19.1 'Standard for TV White Space (TVWS) Coexistence Methods'.
News categories: IEEE, Steve Shellhammer, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
IEEE Standards Association Launches Initiative to Accelerate Mobile Video Innovation
Jan 11, 2012 – The IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) has announced an initiative intended to yield a host of interrelated mobile video standards. The approval of three standards-development projects kicks off the new IEEE-SA initiative.
News categories: IEEE-SA, CES2022, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement