Digital TV News: IHS
U.S. home entertainment spending rises 6.4% YoY in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumers spent $6 billion on movies and television shows for home entertainment in the first quarter of 2019. Spending rose 6.4% from the $5.7 billion consumers spent in the same period of 2018.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
Apr 18, 2019 – In 2018, demand for flat panel displays grew in double digits at 10.5% YoY to 221 million square meters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Demand for OLED TV panels increased by 65.6% YoY reaching 3 million square meters.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
5G market set to boom - but clarity is needed, IHS Markit says
Apr 11, 2019 – The stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: a technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
News categories: IHS Markit, Francis Sideco, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Intel passes Samsung in semiconductor sales in 4Q 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers has led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
World Cup pushes global TV shipments to 221 Million units in 2018
Mar 7, 2019 – The global TV market grew 2.9% in 2018, reaching 221 million units, due to a surge in the first half as many consumers upgraded their TVs to watch the Football World Cup. Shipments of richly featured TV sets continued to grow, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Large Flat Panel Display supply and demand expected to tighten by Q3 2019
Mar 4, 2019 – The large flat-panel display (FPD) market, which is currently experiencing oversupply, is expected to move towards a more balanced and even tight market by the third quarter of 2019, albeit briefly, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Charles Annis, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
Feb 21, 2019 – New direct-to-consumer online video subscription services have the potential to add 53 million paying subscriptions to the U.S. market by 2023, effectively growing the total number of subscribers by 25%, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC23, Smart Home, UK, USA
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data