Digital TV News: IMDb
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Roku concludes extension agreement with Amazon
Apr 4, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has concluded a multi-year extension to its distribution agreement with Amazon, enabling its customers to continue to access the Prime Video and IMDb TV apps on their Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than half of U.S. adult broadband users watch FAST services on TV
Aug 19, 2021 – TDG estimates that six-in-ten connected TV households now watch a free ad-supported streaming service on TV. YouTube remains the dominant FVOD provider, with FAST services such as Pluto TV and IMDb enjoying growing audiences.
News categories: TDG Research, Doug Montgomery, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Linear programming lives on as FAST channels make gains in the U.S.
Jul 15, 2021 – Despite the proliferation of subscription streaming services in the U.S. streaming market, ad-supported streaming options continue to gain momentum, according to a Horowitz Research report.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
Sep 15, 2020 – Red Bee Media has renewed its deal with Dotscreen to deliver metadata for Dotscreen applications. Red Bee's metadata portfolio offers access to a database of 10+ million assets as well as recommendation technology.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, Madelene Gustavsson, Stanislas Leridon, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Red Bee and TitanTV extend program guide partnership
Apr 23, 2020 – Red Bee has extended its relationship with TitanTV, continuing the delivery of Content Discovery services. Through the partnership, Red Bee and TitanTV provide linear and VOD guide services for OTA, OTT, and NextGenTV (ATSC3.0).
News categories: Red Bee, TitanTV, Steve Nylund, Heidi Steffen, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
Dec 3, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has launched the Prime Video app on select TiVo devices at its U.S. pay-TV operator customers. Content available in the app is easy to find through OneSearch, which serves up entertainment across live TV, on demand, and other streaming video apps.
News categories: TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Dave Shull, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Synamedia launches new video network solutions at IBC
Sep 9, 2019 – At IBC, Synamedia will unveil additions to its video network portfolio and will show a real-world streaming use case with a latency from content ingest to display on the OTT device of just 6 seconds - equivalent to broadcast latency.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December