Digital TV News: IMS Research
Pace maps the road to the connected home at IBC 2011
Sep 6, 2011 – At IBC, Pace (LSE: PIC) will unveil its full portfolio of products and services for global broadcast and broadband markets, designed to give operators full control over how and when they innovate and develop their services.
News categories: Pace plc, IBC2021, Set Top Box
Entone and Nordija Deliver Enhanced Hybrid TV Solution
Aug 31, 2011 – Entone and Nordija have announced the availability of Nordija's fokusOn widget-based middleware on Entone's family of Hybrid TV devices and digital video recorders (DVRs).
News categories: Entone, Nordija, DVR, IBC2021, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Bluestreak Technology Enables Video Everywhere™ at IBC Expo 2011
Aug 16, 2011 – Bluestreak Technology has announced that the company will demonstrate a variety of new Video Everywhere™ services at the IBC Expo 2011 conference and exhibition in Amsterdam, September 9th-13th.
News categories: Bluestreak Technology, IBC2021, Middleware, Streaming
Emerging Markets Account for 45 Percent of all Set-top Boxes Shipped Globally between 2011 and 2015
Aug 11, 2011 – The share of set-top boxes (STBs) shipped to emerging digital TV markets such as China, India, Russia and Latin America is forecasted to account for more than 45 percent of global STB shipments between 2011 and 2015, according to IMS Research.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Over-the-Top and On-demand Change the Face of Pay-TV
Aug 4, 2011 – IMS Research forecasts that in 2016, over-the-top (OTT) video services will generate $16.4 billion in 2016 and video-on-demand (VOD) services from pay-TV operators will generate another $14.7 billion, for a combined $31.1 billion in on-demand revenues.
News categories: IMS Research, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Business Models Evolve as Companies Flock to OTT
Jun 23, 2011 – There is a plethora of business models being implemented to find an ideal monetization method for OTT. IMS Research forecasts that pay OTT subscription services will generate a cumulative $32 billion in revenues over the next five years.
News categories: IMS Research, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming
Pace RNG-210n/Comcast Xfinity Spectrum DVR is a Pentium® M-based Test Bed
Jun 14, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have released details on the Pace RNG-210n (a.k.a. Xfinity Spectrum DVR). The Pace-made DVR doesn't use an Atom™-based Intel CE4200 but instead uses the Pentium® M-based CE3100.
News categories: IMS Research, Pace plc, Intel Corp, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Zoran Introduces Optimized Interactive IP Set-Top Products for Service Operators
Jun 14, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating a new platform optimized for high definition interactive IP set-top box systems at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Show.
News categories: Zoran, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
TiVo Uses Entropic Communications' Silicon to Deliver Unparalleled Home Entertainment Performance
Jun 14, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has adopted its MoCA®-based silicon to support its multi-room streaming solution.
News categories: Entropic Communications, TiVo Inc, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia