Digital TV News: INEA
VideoAmp announces $150 million Series G investment
Sep 13, 2023 – VideoAmp has announced $150 million in Series G funding led by Vista Credit Partners. The funding will help accelerate the growth of VideoAmp's advanced media currency solution.
News categories: VideoAmp, Vista Credit Partners, Paul Ross, David Flannery, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Star TV Mexico chooses Minerva video platform
Sep 14, 2023 – Star TV Mexico has selected Minerva Networks to power its Star TV streaming service. The service combines traditional linear and on-demand content with third party direct-to-consumer apps.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Star Group, Monica Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming, UX
Vestel to make DVB-I compatible Smart TVs available in Italy
Sep 14, 2023 – Vestel has announced it will make available in Italy the first televisions compatible with DVB-I standards, allowing Italian broadcasters to test the market for a Smart TV offering.
News categories: Vestel, Mediaset, Baris Altinkaya, Alberto Bruno, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Media Broadcast selects full suite of managed services from Irdeto
Sep 14, 2023 – Irdeto has extended its collaboration with Media Broadcast to include a suite of Managed Services designed to unburden TV providers from the complexities of managing underlying infrastructure.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Broadcast, freenet TV, Doug Lowther, Jan Wessels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
4iG selects NAGRA to launch entertainment services in Hungary
Sep 13, 2023 – 4iG, through its subsidiaries Vodafone Hungary, DIGI Hungary and Antenna Hungaria, has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) as system integrator and solution partner for its migration to next-generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, 4iG, Nancy Goldberg, Tamás Bányai, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Bell Media launches addressable TV solution
Sep 12, 2023 – Bell Media has launched Addressable TV (ATV). ATV reaches viewers through the Bell Fibe TV app on Connected TV, mobile, and web platforms, and is set to launch on set-tops later this year.
News categories: Bell Media, Stewart Johnston, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Imagine Communications partners with Google for TV advertising
Sep 13, 2023 – Imagine Communications has announced a partnership with Google Ad Manager, enabling broadcasters and TV operators to run campaigns while ensuring consistent ad placement on all delivery platforms.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Google Ad Manager, Rob Malcolm, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Gracenote unveils data enrichment program to speed FAST distribution
Sep 12, 2023 – Gracenote has unveiled a program to help content publishers and broadcasters get their FAST programming distributed by streaming platforms more easily, leveraging advanced data enrichment services.
News categories: Gracenote, Vikram Kulkarni, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Euronews selects Globecast for content production, playout and distribution
Sep 12, 2023 – Euronews has selected Globecast as its technical partner for content services, bringing together technologies for video editing, scheduling and playout alongside distribution.
News categories: Globecast, Euronews, Gregoire Courtois, Francois Schmitt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set