Digital TV News: ISSI
UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
Nov 24, 2020 – FreeWheel has revealed that 70% of UK marketers surveyed expect Advanced TV ad spend to grow in the next 12 months. Advanced TV refers to VOD, connected TV, OTT, audience-based linear advertising, programmatic advertising and addressable TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
Nov 19, 2020 – Nielsen (NLSN) has unveiled an ID resolution system that will underpin its measurement products in a cookieless world. Nielsen will continue to deliver people-based measurement even as existing identifiers can no longer be relied upon.
News categories: Nielsen, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Worldwide
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
Nov 18, 2020 – Wyplay has announced that Free's Freebox Revolution STBs, first launched in 2012, now support Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Wyplay and Free teams have worked together to deploy the services on the Intel-based legacy boxes.
News categories: Wyplay, Free, Jacques Bourgninaud, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Brainstorm coordinates AdMiRe mixed reality R&D project
Nov 17, 2020 – Brainstorm is coordinating AdMiRe, an EU-funded project that focuses on the development and validation of Mixed Reality solutions to improve interest and participation of TV audiences as well as the generation of more attractive content.
News categories: AdMiRe, Brainstorm, Javier Montesa, Francisco Ibáñez, Digital TV, EU, VR
Zixi announces partnership with Google Cloud
Nov 17, 2020 – Zixi has announced an alliance with Google Cloud that allows companies in the media, telecommunications and entertainment verticals to deliver end-to-end broadcast quality live video over IP using Google Cloud.
News categories: Zixi, Google Cloud, Eunice Park, Kip Schauer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Virgin Media launches Horizon-powered TV platform in the UK
Nov 10, 2020 – Virgin Media has announced its new TV platform, Virgin TV 360. The advanced TV line-up includes a Mini box, new TV remote with voice control and smart features which offer an integrated, voice activated and personalised service.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Tubi available on Playstation 5 at launch
Nov 9, 2020 – Tubi has been named a launch partner for the PlayStation 5. Viewers will have access to Tubi’s library of movies and TV series via direct integration in the PS5 search interface, and a Tubi featured row that will be available on the video home screen.
News categories: Tubi, Playstation, Andrea Clarke-Hall, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
India adds 320,000 DTH subscribers in 2Q 2020
Nov 9, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 70.58 million at 30th June 2020. At the same time there were 12 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5