Digital TV News: ITV Studios
ITV Studios selects Whip Media for performance tracking
Sep 15, 2022 – Whip Media has announced that ITV Studios will utilise Whip Media’s platform for performance tracking of its popular entertainment content, including the company’s growing FAST (free ad-supported streaming TV) channels.
News categories: Whip Media, ITV Studios, Paul Hastings, Graham Haigh, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Streaming
ITV Studios to launch FAST channels on Samsung TV Plus
Feb 14, 2022 – ITV Studios is partnering with Samsung TV Plus to launch two FAST channels in Europe. The channels - Storylands and Hell's Kitchen - will initially kick off in the UK, before being rolled out to European markets including Germany and Italy.
News categories: ITV Studios, Samsung, Ruth Berry, Richard Jakeman, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
BritBox to launch in Australia
Mar 5, 2020 – BBC Studios has announced plans to launch BritBox in Australia. The SVOD streaming service will bring Australians British TV shows, and will add to the rollout of the service in North America and in the UK.
News categories: BBC Studios, ITV Studios, BritBox, Fiona Lang, Augustus Dulgaro, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Pickbox.tv S-VOD launched in former Yugoslavia
Jul 16, 2014 – Pickbox.tv has said that on May 7th it launched a subscription video-on-demand service for the countries of the former Yugoslavia. The service is currently available online and on iOS tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Pickbox, Martina Vuletin, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Top imported drama titles gain as others fade
Jul 10, 2013 – CBS distributed Europe's three most valuable imported drama series titles in 2012. NCIS led the pack by generating $205 million, according to the Top 100 Imported Drama Titles in Europe report. The three CSI franchises appear in the top 10.
News categories: Madigan Cluff, Essential Television Statistics, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Market Research
Money Drop is Europe's most valuable TV format
Mar 20, 2013 – Relative newcomer Money Drop was the top format title by value created in 2012, pushing Come Dine With Me into second place, according to a new Digital TV Research report. The TV Formats in Europe report states that The Voice entered the top 10 in 2012.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity