Digital TV News: Imagination Technologies
Imagination announces 4K capable multicore video decoder IP
Mar 26, 2012 – Imagination Technologies has announced the PowerVR VXD395MP video decoder with support for resolutions up to 4Kx2K thanks to a unique multicore architecture. 4Kx2K video provides four times the volume of visual information as an HDTV.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Renesas Introduces High-Performance and Compact SoC for High-End Hybrid Set-Top Box
Mar 19, 2012 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of its new system-on-chip (SoC) for high-end set-top boxes (STBs) the R-Home S1, supporting both worldwide digital TV broadcast reception and Internet content distribution.
News categories: Renesas, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Imagination's Ensigma UCCP330 delivers global broadcast TV demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Jan 10, 2012 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) is demonstrating in silicon its latest Ensigma UCCP Series3 IP platform, a complete, licensable solution for world TV standard demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, at CES 2012 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, CES2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
MStar licenses Imagination Technologies' PowerVR graphics IP
Sep 20, 2011 – Imagination Technologies (LSE: IMG) has signed a license agreement with MStar Semiconductor for IP from Imagination's PowerVR SGX Series5XT graphics family. MStar will deploy Imagination's technologies in SoCs targeting consumer markets.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MStar Semi, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Imagination and Orca Systems partner to deliver integrated TV receiver solutions
Sep 14, 2011 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) has announced that Orca Systems has licensed Imagination's Ensigma UCCP320 based demodulator technology to combine with Orca's TV tuner technology in a new family of TV receiver devices.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Orca Systems, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and MIPS Technologies Strengthen Relationship Targeting Development of Next-Generation Connected Devices
Dec 21, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reaffirmed its commitment to the MIPS® architecture with a new license agreement. The agreement encompasses a broad spectrum of MIPS32® cores.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Sigma Designs, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development