Digital TV News: Imagination Technologies
VP9 decoder available for Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPUs
Feb 25, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that a GPU accelerated VP9 software decoder for its PowerVR Series6 Rogue graphics processors (GPUs) is available from partner MulticoreWare.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MulticoreWare, Peter McGuinness, Matt Frost, Media Player, MWC23, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Imagination IP provides broadcast TV demodulation in Qualcomm Snapdragon 802 processor
Jan 7, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that its Ensigma radio communications processing (RPU) IP is integrated in the Snapdragon 802 Ultra HD processor from Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM).
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Qualcomm, Martin Woodhead, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Skyviia Showcases Advanced Multi-Screen STB SoC Solutions at IBC 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – At IBC 2012, Skyviia Corporation will debut the company's performance-driven SV8870 multimedia System-on-Chip (SoC) as well as showing its globally deployed price-driven SV8860 HD multimedia decoder.
News categories: Skyviia, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Imagination announces 4K capable multicore video decoder IP
Mar 26, 2012 – Imagination Technologies has announced the PowerVR VXD395MP video decoder with support for resolutions up to 4Kx2K thanks to a unique multicore architecture. 4Kx2K video provides four times the volume of visual information as an HDTV.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Renesas Introduces High-Performance and Compact SoC for High-End Hybrid Set-Top Box
Mar 19, 2012 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of its new system-on-chip (SoC) for high-end set-top boxes (STBs) the R-Home S1, supporting both worldwide digital TV broadcast reception and Internet content distribution.
News categories: Renesas, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Streaming
Imagination's Ensigma UCCP330 delivers global broadcast TV demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Jan 10, 2012 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) is demonstrating in silicon its latest Ensigma UCCP Series3 IP platform, a complete, licensable solution for world TV standard demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, at CES 2012 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, CES2023, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
MStar licenses Imagination Technologies' PowerVR graphics IP
Sep 20, 2011 – Imagination Technologies (LSE: IMG) has signed a license agreement with MStar Semiconductor for IP from Imagination's PowerVR SGX Series5XT graphics family. MStar will deploy Imagination's technologies in SoCs targeting consumer markets.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MStar Semi, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media