Digital TV News: Imagine Communications
Antix Digital acquires streaming and compression portfolio from Imagine Communications
Feb 1, 2021 – Antix Digital has acquired Imagine Communications' live streaming and compression portfolio. The new company will develop the products further while taking over service and support for existing customers.
News categories: Antix Digital, Imagine Communications, Tony Huang, Steve Reynolds, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
Feb 19, 2020 – Imagine Communications has made an agreement with the NCTC to power AdKey, a cloud-based, platform-agnostic service that supports ad insertion on IP-based video streams. Initial deployments are expected by Q3 with trials beginning in the coming months.
News categories: Imagine Communications, NCTC, Chris Gordon, Rich Fickle, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Videa announces spot television industry’s first open data exchange APIs
Sep 24, 2019 – Videa has made available free, transparent, TIP-based API specifications helping to pave the way for programmatic transactions and software integrations. The APIs include specifications for inventory, RFPs, proposals, orders, makegoods and pre and post logs.
News categories: Videa, Shereta Williams, Rob Weisbord, Dave Villano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Imagine taps AWS to power OTT Monetization Service
Sep 11, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced that core functionality from its Targeted Delivery portfolio is now available as OTT Monetization Service, powered by AWS. Imagine is collaborating with MOBITV to incorporate content monetization.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Amazon Web Services, MOBITV, David Heppe, Khawaja Shams, Bill Routt, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Imagine Communications integral to Nine Entertainment's ad buying platform
Apr 7, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced its evolving role in Nine Entertainment's 9Galaxy automated TV trading platform. Nine is using Imagine’s xG GamePlan cloud-native booking optimizer to take an audience-based approach to ad inventory management.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Nine Entertainment, Rob Malcolm, Mat Yelavich, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes