Digital TV News: Inception
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
ZapperBox unveils NEXTGEN TV DVR at CEDIA Expo 2023
Sep 7, 2023 – ZapperBox has announced the debut of its ZapperBox M1 NEXTGEN TV DVR, boasting an abundance of advanced features, including Dolby Atmos support, 4K resolution, and HDR capability, at CEDIA Expo 2023.
News categories: ZapperBox, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DVR, USA
Globecast creates AWS-powered video headend for European telco
Apr 17, 2023 – Globecast has developed and launched the first video public cloud video headend, powered by AWS, for a major European telco, after joining the AWS Partnership Program last year.
News categories: Globecast, Sylvain Merle, Jean-Christophe Perier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
Jan 24, 2023 – ENENSYS has announced the release of ModulCast-ATSC, an ATSC 3.0 OEM modulator board that delivers a high-performance RF output meeting broadcaster quality requirements, for integration into digital TV transmitters.
News categories: ENENSYS, Christophe TROLET, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
RTVE awards Cellnex five-year TV and radio broadcasting contract
Jan 18, 2023 – RTVE has awarded TV and radio broadcasting rights to Retevisión, part of Cellnex. For TVE, Cellnex will renew and operate DTT and radio headends and provide DTT transmission, distribution and broadcasting services throughout Spain.
News categories: Cellnex, RTVE, Albert Cuatrecasas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
Sercomm to showcase IP streamers and STBs at CES 2023
Dec 22, 2022 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) will showcase its newest innovations and solutions for broadband connectivity, smart home and home entertainment, including IP streamers and set-top boxes at CES 2023.
News categories: Sercomm, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Magine Pro develops FlixOlé app for Movistar Plus+ STBs
Dec 14, 2022 – FlixOlé has expanded its D2C reach in Spain via Telefonica's Movistar Plus+. Magine Pro, with FlixOlé and Telefonica, developed the custom application for use on Movistar set-top boxes.
News categories: Magine Pro, FlixOlé, Movistar, Matthew Wilkinson, Sophie de Mac Mahon, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain
Friend MTS receives investment from private equity firm NorthEdge
Sep 6, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced a significant investment by private equity firm NorthEdge. The investment will enable Friend MTS to expand its portfolio of video content security SaaS solutions and deliver technology to its core markets of sports and media.
News categories: Friend MTS, NorthEdge, Jonathan Friend, Jon Pickering, Content Protection, Digital TV, Private Equity, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC