Digital TV News: Indranil Chatterjee
Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
Nov 5, 2019 – Enea (Stockholm: ENEA) has announced that Enea Openwave has successfully optimized Apple TV+ over mobile networks, using its traffic management technology. Algorithms were used to dynamically optimize Apple’s encrypted video content to deliver a higher quality viewing experience.
News categories: Enea, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Mobile Video Index: Facebook Video is poised to overtake YouTube
Feb 26, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released the latest findings from its Mobile Video Index (MVI). The study found that while YouTube remains the most popular for mobile video, Facebook is rapidly closing the gap in some markets – and has even overtaken YouTube in others.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Analysys Mason, Indranil Chatterjee, Gorkem Yigit, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Openwave Mobility launches in-network app monetization for OTT
Feb 28, 2017 – Openwave Mobility has launched the industry’s first generic NFV-based application monetization solution. Operators can now identify all individual data flows on their network and separately bill or zero-rate data use for any specific service.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC22, Streaming, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools