Digital TV News: Informa Telecoms & Media
IPWireless Partners with Samsung to Demonstrate the Benefits of 3GPP Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB)
Oct 21, 2010 – IPWireless has announced that the company has signed a co-operation agreement with Samsung (KRX: 005930, 005935; LSE: SMSN, SMSD) to develop and demonstrate phones with broadcast capabilities based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Samsung, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
Platforms set to trump devices in the connected home
Sep 9, 2010 – According to new research from Informa Telecoms & Media, platforms that aggregate services rather than any individual device will play the most important role in the connected home in the next 5 years.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, Smart Home, Streaming
Asia Pacific TV market achieves twin milestones
Jul 7, 2010 – According to the latest figures from Informa Telecoms & Media, the Asia Pacific TV sector passed two significant milestones last month, with the region now exceeding 150 million digital TV homes while, at the same time, surpassing 10 million IPTV households.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
World Cup to kick start 3D TV uptake
May 6, 2010 – According to the latest forecasts from Informa Telecoms & Media, over 20 million TV homes globally will be watching 3D TV within five years. 3D TV is expected to be in 1.6% of all homes by 2015.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IPTV gathers momentum in emerging markets
Mar 23, 2010 – According to the latest research from Informa Telecoms & Media, the IPTV market continues to expand with global IPTV subscriptions reaching 29.7 million at the end of 2009, up from 19.4 million a year earlier.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Video Exchange
Global fixed-broadband subscriptions to surpass half a billion mark in 2010
Jan 21, 2010 – According to new research from Informa Telecoms & Media, global fixed-broadband subscription numbers will reach half a billion this year, driven by continued growth in emerging markets.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Taiwan, Turkey, UK, USA
Western Europe: Pay TV revenues hit by triple-play growth
Sep 29, 2009 – New research by Informa Telecoms & Media shows digital TV penetration of Western European households will maintain its present strong growth going from 62% at the end of 2008 to 93% at the end of 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, France, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial, UK
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Show, Streaming, Terrestrial
MENA Pay TV market to grow 59% by 2014
Aug 12, 2009 – Informa Telecoms and Media forecasts that the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa will grow from 6.9 million subscribers at the end of 2008 to 11 million by end 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle