Digital TV News: Intel
New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads
Jan 19, 2023 – MAGNA Media Trials and Roku have announced a study in partnership with the Roku Brand Studio that finds new video ad formats in streaming TV are 2x more favorable than traditional TV ads for consumers.
News categories: Roku, MAGNA, Asaf Davidov, Kara Manatt, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Creonic optimizes DVB-GSE encapsulator and decapsulator IP cores
Jan 12, 2023 – Creonic has announced performance optimized versions of its DVB-GSE encapsulator and decapsulator IP cores. They close the gap between network protocols like Ethernet and the physical layer of DVB-Standards.
News categories: Creonic, Matthias Alles, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Silicon IP, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samba TV and TCL to jointly develop AI solutions for Smart TVs
Jan 5, 2023 – Samba TV has entered into an R&D venture with TCL for the development and deployment of AI and content analytics on TCL TVs, making features of Samba AI, a suite of AI and ML technologies available worldwide.
News categories: Samba TV, TCL, Ashwin Navin, Shaoyong Zhang, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
SeaChange launches content monetization platform for Connected TVs
Jan 4, 2023 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced the launch of the SeaChange Xstream platform, a cloud-based content monetization platform helping OEMs and content owners maximize advertising revenue on Connected TVs.
News categories: SeaChange, Chris Klimmer, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Samsung unveils additions to customizable Bespoke Home lineup
Jan 3, 2023 – The Bespoke 4-Door Flex Refrigerator with Family Hub+ from Samsung introduces powerful Family Hub features to a 4-door Bespoke design, combining an all-in-one communication and entertainment hub with a large display.
News categories: Samsung, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Al Aan TV selects Actus Digital for compliance and monitoring
Dec 15, 2022 – Al Aan TV is using Actus Digital's intelligent monitoring platform. The platform provides a solution for compliance recording, content monitoring, advanced clips creation and export, and more.
News categories: Actus Digital, Al Aan TV, Sima Levy, Cesar Eid, Digital TV, Middle-East, QoE, UAE
Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
Dec 8, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced the availability of cloud-based content protection monitoring, providing access to subscriber experiences and trends, through its Video Content Authority System (VCAS).
News categories: Verimatrix, Andrew Bear, Big Data, Content Protection, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December