Digital TV News: Interpret
Orange unveils entity to strengthen its presence in content
Jul 11, 2017 – Orange has announced the creation of Orange Content, an entity to strengthen the presence of Orange in the field of content. Its mission is to drive the Group’s strategy in content and to act as a support for all the countries where the Group is present.
News categories: Orange, Stéphane Richard, David Kessler, Serge Laroye, Digital TV, France, Worldwide
IoT spending to approach $1.4 trillion in 2021
Jun 14, 2017 – IDC expects worldwide spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) to grow 16.7% year over year in 2017, reaching just over $800 billion. By 2021, global IoT spending is expected to total nearly $1.4 trillion.
News categories: IDC, Carrie MacGillivray, Ashutosh Bisht, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
U.S. pay TV suffers Q1 subscriber losses for the first time
May 18, 2017 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the US lost about 410,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2017, compared to a gain of about 10,000 subscribers in 1Q 2016.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Telestream helps Calkins Media go OTT on Verizon VOD platform
Apr 11, 2017 – Telestream has announced that regional media company, Calkins Media Incorporated, is using Telestream Cloud Services to deliver OTT channels to its audiences through the Verizon VOD platform.
News categories: Telestream, Calkins Media, Jake Volcsko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Alpha Networks, Spideo, and Wyplay to demonstrate E2E multiscreen at NAB 2017
Apr 11, 2017 – Alpha Networks, Spideo and Wyplay have announced a partnership where their technologies have been integrated to deliver Frog Premium, an end-to-end TV product, offering an attractive user experience on multiple devices.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Spideo, Wyplay, Kris Warreyn, Gabriel Mandelbaum, Dominique Feral, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
KT chooses Conexant Voice Processor for Virtual Assistant Media Hub
Feb 21, 2017 – Conexant Systems has announced that KT is utilizing its AudioSmart CX20921 Far-Field Voice Input Processor to help the new GiGA Genie voice-controlled virtual assistant media hub to hear users' requests accurately.
News categories: Conexant, KT Corp, Saleel Awsare, Gyutae Baek, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DISH debuts voice remote control
Jul 14, 2016 – DISH has launched its Voice Remote, featuring voice recognition, a clickable touchpad and backlighting. The remote controls navigation, search and content selection on Hopper 3 and 4K Joey set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
TIM launches Android TV-based TIMvision decoder
May 26, 2016 – TIM is the first in Italy and among the first in Europe to launch a set-top box running on Android TV. Developed in collaboration with Google, the TIMvision set-top box brings digital entertainment to any home TV set.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Daniela Biscarini, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
FRANSAT selects NEOTION CAMs for MDU distribution
Jun 9, 2015 – FRANSAT, the French free DTT satellite platform belonging to Eutelsat, has selected the latest NEOTION professional CAM range to support the transition in early 2016 to Full HD for viewers receiving the platform through a community installation.
News categories: NEOTION, FRANSAT, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, France, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated