Digital TV News: Iomega
Streaming Media Player Unit Shipments Projected to Reach 3.6 Million in 2011, Says In-Stat
May 19, 2011 – The streaming media player has enjoyed significant growth over the past two years. Worldwide streaming media player unit shipments are projected to increase in 2011, finishing the year at just over 3.6 million, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
DivX Launches New Internet TV Platform
Jan 6, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced the launch of DivX TV™, a comprehensive embedded Internet TV platform that provides access to a diverse line-up of online media content streamed directly to any connected device from any manufacturer.
News categories: DivX, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Western Digital, Iomega and Hewlett Packard Make Major Moves in Consumer Network Storage Market Share
Mar 3, 2009 – As growth slows in the consumer network storage market, competitors are jockeying for market share, reports In-Stat. Western Digital, Iomega and HP each made major upward moves in 2008. Meanwhile, Buffalo Technologies continues to hold the top spot.
News categories: In-Stat, Home Server, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home
Iomega DVR Expander Drive Now Certified With Pace Set-Top Boxes
Feb 26, 2009 – Iomega (NYSE:EMC) has announced that the Iomega® DVR Expander Drive is certified for compatibility with Pace Americas (LSE: PIC) cable set-top boxes and digital video recorders.
News categories: Iomega, Pace, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV