Digital TV News: Ittiam
WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
Mar 8, 2021 – Ittiam Systems has licensed its cloud based content adaptive media transcoder solution to WOWOW, a satellite TV station in Japan. The Transcoder provides video encoding with an AAC Audio encoder.
News categories: Ittiam, WOWOW, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
Oct 29, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has worked over the last several months to bring native HEVC Decode to Android, by way of the standard’s inclusion in the Android Media Framework, within Android 5.0, Lollipop.
News categories: Ittiam, Srini Rajam, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Ittiam makes available H.265/HEVC codec with 422 12-bit support
Aug 13, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced the addition of 422 12-bit support to its Pristine Quality H.265/HEVC Main 10 encoder SDK making it one of the industry’s first commercially licensable encoders with range extension.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Digital TV, IBC, Software, Worldwide
Ittiam to demo HEVC/H.265 software products at NAB’14
Apr 3, 2014 – Ittiam Systems will be showcasing the latest generations of its H.265/HEVC software Encoder and Decoder SDKs at NAB 2014.
News categories: Ittiam, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Ittiam H.265 and VP9 solutions on show at CES2014
Jan 2, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announces the availability of highly-optimized H.265 and VP9 software decoder solutions at CES 2014, balancing compute and energy efficiencies.
News categories: Ittiam, Mukund Srinivasan, CES, Media Player, Semiconductor
Amino and Ittiam team for HEVC demonstration at Telcovision 2013
Oct 24, 2013 – Amino will demonstrate at Telcovision 2013 how network operators can use High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) technology to extend the reach of their IPTV service - and deliver a quality user experience even over low speed broadband connections.
News categories: Amino, Ittiam, Donald McGarva, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, IPTV, Set Top Box
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0