Digital TV News: Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet
AustriaSat DTH launches in Hungary with Eutelsat
Mar 20, 2014 – M7 has selected Eutelsat’s (Paris:ETL) 9° East neighbourhood to support the launch in Hungary of AustriaSat Magyarország by its subsidiary, M70 Group.
News categories: Eutelsat, M7 Group, AustriaSat, Jaromír Glisník, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
Télédiffusion d'Algérie to broadcast to whole of Middle East via DTH
Nov 7, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Télédiffusion d'Algérie (TDA) have announced the signature of a capacity agreement on the EUTELSAT 7 West A satellite. The contract opens access to TDA for homes equipped for DTH satellite reception.
News categories: Eutelsat, Télédiffusion d'Algérie, Abdelmalek Houyou, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Algeria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, Tunisia
Azam TV DTH to launch in Tanzania on November 29
Nov 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Azam Media have announced the signature of a contract for capacity on EUTELSAT 7A. Azam Media will the satellite as the platform to broadcast its new TV venture, Azam TV, into sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam Media, Rhys Torrington, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Eutelsat unveils 'smart LNB' for Direct-to-Home connected TV
Jul 25, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has completed the first phase of development of a 'smart LNB' with an embedded transmitter for interactive applications such as HbbTV, PPV, social networking, personal subscription management and live show participation.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, LNB, Satellite, Smart Home
Satellite TV now reaching 8.2 million homes in Italy
Apr 18, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the first results of its new survey on TV reception modes and trends across its global footprint. Working in collaboration with Ipsos, Eutelsat announced that 8.2 million homes are now equipped with a Direct-to-Home antenna in Italy.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ipsos, Italy, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
'Global TV' DTH to launch in Georgia on Eutelsat 36B
Mar 22, 2013 – JSC Global Contact Consulting has announced that it has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for a new satellite broadcasting platform in Georgia called 'Global TV'. JSC Global Contact Consulting will initiate satellite broadcasting this month, starting with four free-to-air channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, Global Contact, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Eutelsat Launches Europe's First Dedicated Ultra HD (4K) Channel
Jan 7, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it is launching a dedicated demonstration Ultra HD channel for Europe on the EUTELSAT 10A satellite. The first transmissions of content filmed in 4K will start on January 8.
News categories: Eutelsat, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Broadcasters From Bosnia and Herzegovina Join Forces to Launch TEAM:SAT
Jun 27, 2012 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced that leading broadcasters from Bosnia and Herzegovina are strengthening their collaboration with the launch of a new platform called TEAM:SAT on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Satellite
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia