Digital TV News: Jeff Miller
Liberty Global taps ActiveVideo CloudTV to complement cloud UI strategy
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo and Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA) have announced that ActiveVideo's CloudTV™ software platform has been enlisted by Liberty Global to expand the user experiences offered by Horizon TV, Liberty Global's media and entertainment platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Global, Aamir Hussain, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ActiveVideo Networks Licenses CloudTV Platform To Comcast
Jun 12, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced that Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has licensed its CloudTV H5™ platform. Comcast is using this platform in an enhanced video-on-demand (VOD) user experience trial in Chattanooga, TN.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ActiveVideo Brings Advanced VOD Navigation to Any STB
May 22, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced the general availability of its CloudTV H5™ platform that can bring any navigation interface or application written in HTML5 to any digital set-top box or connected CE device.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Funai Electric First CE Manufacturer to Launch Cloud-Based Interactive Television
Jan 4, 2011 – Funai Electric and ActiveVideo Networks™ have announced an agreement that will make Funai the first consumer electronics manufacturer to bring interactive television solutions based entirely in the network cloud to connected televisions.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Funai, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ActiveVideo Shows Power of CloudTV Platform at Cable Show 2010
May 11, 2010 – ActiveVideo Networks™ will show how its CloudTV™ platform can drive the launch of innovative services and next-generation television experiences in multiple exhibits at The Cable Show 2010.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
Time Warner Cable Brings Web Video to Television in Hawaii
Oct 8, 2008 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) and ActiveVideo Networks™ today announced the deployment of an entirely new television experience that will bring a wealth of Web content and interactivity directly to the TVs of cable subscribers in Hawaii.
News categories: ActiveVideo Networks, Oceanic Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
ActiveVideo Networks Unveils First Platform To Bring Web 2.0 Content and Interactivity to Television Through Any Internet-Connected Device
Jun 25, 2008 – ActiveVideo Networks™ has announced expanded capabilities designed to simplify and accelerate the availability of Web-based programming and advertising on the television.
News categories: ActiveVideo Networks, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria