Digital TV News: Jeff Miller
Liberty Global taps ActiveVideo CloudTV to complement cloud UI strategy
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo and Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA) have announced that ActiveVideo's CloudTV™ software platform has been enlisted by Liberty Global to expand the user experiences offered by Horizon TV, Liberty Global's media and entertainment platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Global, Aamir Hussain, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ActiveVideo Networks Licenses CloudTV Platform To Comcast
Jun 12, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced that Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has licensed its CloudTV H5™ platform. Comcast is using this platform in an enhanced video-on-demand (VOD) user experience trial in Chattanooga, TN.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ActiveVideo Brings Advanced VOD Navigation to Any STB
May 22, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced the general availability of its CloudTV H5™ platform that can bring any navigation interface or application written in HTML5 to any digital set-top box or connected CE device.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Funai Electric First CE Manufacturer to Launch Cloud-Based Interactive Television
Jan 4, 2011 – Funai Electric and ActiveVideo Networks™ have announced an agreement that will make Funai the first consumer electronics manufacturer to bring interactive television solutions based entirely in the network cloud to connected televisions.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Funai, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
ActiveVideo Shows Power of CloudTV Platform at Cable Show 2010
May 11, 2010 – ActiveVideo Networks™ will show how its CloudTV™ platform can drive the launch of innovative services and next-generation television experiences in multiple exhibits at The Cable Show 2010.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
Time Warner Cable Brings Web Video to Television in Hawaii
Oct 8, 2008 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) and ActiveVideo Networks™ today announced the deployment of an entirely new television experience that will bring a wealth of Web content and interactivity directly to the TVs of cable subscribers in Hawaii.
News categories: ActiveVideo Networks, Oceanic Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
ActiveVideo Networks Unveils First Platform To Bring Web 2.0 Content and Interactivity to Television Through Any Internet-Connected Device
Jun 25, 2008 – ActiveVideo Networks™ has announced expanded capabilities designed to simplify and accelerate the availability of Web-based programming and advertising on the television.
News categories: ActiveVideo Networks, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021