Digital TV News: Jeff Miller
Liberty Global taps ActiveVideo CloudTV to complement cloud UI strategy
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo and Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA) have announced that ActiveVideo's CloudTV™ software platform has been enlisted by Liberty Global to expand the user experiences offered by Horizon TV, Liberty Global's media and entertainment platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Global, Aamir Hussain, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ActiveVideo Networks Licenses CloudTV Platform To Comcast
Jun 12, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced that Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has licensed its CloudTV H5™ platform. Comcast is using this platform in an enhanced video-on-demand (VOD) user experience trial in Chattanooga, TN.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ActiveVideo Brings Advanced VOD Navigation to Any STB
May 22, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced the general availability of its CloudTV H5™ platform that can bring any navigation interface or application written in HTML5 to any digital set-top box or connected CE device.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Funai Electric First CE Manufacturer to Launch Cloud-Based Interactive Television
Jan 4, 2011 – Funai Electric and ActiveVideo Networks™ have announced an agreement that will make Funai the first consumer electronics manufacturer to bring interactive television solutions based entirely in the network cloud to connected televisions.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Funai, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
ActiveVideo Shows Power of CloudTV Platform at Cable Show 2010
May 11, 2010 – ActiveVideo Networks™ will show how its CloudTV™ platform can drive the launch of innovative services and next-generation television experiences in multiple exhibits at The Cable Show 2010.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
Time Warner Cable Brings Web Video to Television in Hawaii
Oct 8, 2008 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) and ActiveVideo Networks™ today announced the deployment of an entirely new television experience that will bring a wealth of Web content and interactivity directly to the TVs of cable subscribers in Hawaii.
News categories: ActiveVideo Networks, Oceanic Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
ActiveVideo Networks Unveils First Platform To Bring Web 2.0 Content and Interactivity to Television Through Any Internet-Connected Device
Jun 25, 2008 – ActiveVideo Networks™ has announced expanded capabilities designed to simplify and accelerate the availability of Web-based programming and advertising on the television.
News categories: ActiveVideo Networks, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
- Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
- Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
- New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads