Digital TV News: Jeremy Darroch
BSkyB adds 46,000 TV customers in 3Q 2014
Oct 16, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the three months ended 30 September 2014. Sky saw growth in TV with the addition of 46,000 TV customers and record growth in Sky Go Extra.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB adds 74,000 TV customers in 1Q 2014
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released unaudited results for the nine months ended 31 March 2014. In Q3, the company added 74,000 net new TV customers and 108,000 net new HD customers, as well as 284,000 new Sky Go Extra customers.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013
May 2, 2013 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013. Sky added 108,000 HD customers, 9,000 multiroom and 44,000 paying customers to its new mobile TV service Sky Go Extra durung the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB is Britain's Number 1 Choice for TV, Broadband and Home Phone
May 2, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that more than 3.2 million Sky homes now take the 'triple play' of services from Sky. 3.9 million Sky homes now take their broadband from Sky, with over 3.6 million subscribing to Sky Talk.
News categories: BSkyB, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB to launch new internet TV service
Jan 31, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced plans to launch a new service allowing customers to watch some of its most popular content over the internet. The new service will be an additional choice for people who don't currently subscribe to a pay TV service.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, UK
10 million customers now choose BSkyB
Nov 8, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that it has reached its target of 10 million TV customers, making it the choice of 36% of households in the UK and Ireland. Since the target was set in August 2004, a further 2.6 million customers have joined Sky.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB to enter 3D future on October 1st
Jul 29, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has confirmed that it will launch Sky 3D, Europe's first 3D channel, to millions of Sky homes on Friday 1st October 2010.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK, VR
BSkyB to make TV history with the launch of 3D TV
Jan 28, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that it will launch Sky 3D, Europe's first dedicated 3D TV channel, this April. Sky will preview the service this Sunday, becoming the first TV company to broadcast a live 3D TV sports event to a public audience.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, VR
Sky+ breaks through 2 million boxes
Jan 2, 2007 – British Sky Broadcasting (Sky) has announced that the total number of Sky+ boxes installed in customers' homes has broken through 2 million for the first time.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria