Digital TV News: Jim Funk
TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
Aug 19, 2014 – TCL and Roku have announced availability of the TCL Roku TV line-up. TCL will offer four TCL Roku TV models: 32" 32FS4610R ($229), 40" 40FS4610R ($329), 48" 48FS4610R ($499), and 55" 55FS4610R ($649).
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chris Larson, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Hisense Roku TV H4 series to hit U.S. stores soon
Aug 19, 2014 – Hisense and Roku have announced availability of the Hisense Roku TV H4 Series to the U.S. market. Roku TV is a simplified smart TV that uses the Roku OS to enable consumers to enjoy entertainment whether on-demand, streamed or live.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Peter Erdman, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku announces HDMI Roku Streaming Stick
Mar 4, 2014 – Roku has announced the new Roku® Streaming Stick™ (HDMI® version). The compact stick plugs into an HDMI port for a streamlined look suitable for wall-mounted TVs.
News categories: Roku, Jim Funk, Canada, Ireland, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Roku introduces all-new family of streaming players
Sep 25, 2013 – Roku® has announced a new family of streaming players. The Roku LT player will be available in the U.S. while the Roku 1 and Roku 2 players will be available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland.
News categories: Roku, Jim Funk, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
DISH Launches DISHWorld Service on Roku Streaming Platform
May 23, 2012 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) and Roku have announced the launch of DISHWorld on the Roku streaming platform, in the U.S. The service enables DISH to expand its distribution of ethnic channels into urban and MDU markets difficult to reach by satellite.
News categories: Roku, DISH Network, DISHWorld, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations