Digital TV News: Joe Che
Kudelski agrees patent cross licensing collaboration with Roku
Oct 11, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced a patent cross license and technology collaboration agreement with Roku Inc. The agreement provides each company the freedom to operate with respect to the other’s patent portfolios.
News categories: Kudelski, Roku, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek launches SoC for Ultra-HD 4K Blu-ray players
Jan 4, 2016 – MediaTek has announced its MT8581, a multimedia system-on-chip for Ultra High Definition (4K) Blu-ray players. The MT8581 will power the industry's first Blu-ray players to use both Ultra-HD (UHD) and high-dynamic range imaging (HDR).
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MediaTek chipsets power new Amazon devices
Sep 18, 2015 – MediaTek has announced that it will power an array of Amazon consumer products, including the Amazon Fire TV, and Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets. These are the latest in a series of Amazon devices powered by MediaTek.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Che, Peter Larsen, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, USA
MediaTek announces ARM Cortex-A72-based tablet SoC
Mar 1, 2015 – MediaTek has announced the first tablet SoC in a family that features an ARM® Cortex®-A72 processor. The MT8173 meets the growing demand for 4K Ultra HD content and graphic-heavy gaming by everyday mobile computing device users.
News categories: MediaTek, ARM, Joe Chen, Noel Hurley, ICs, MWC20, Semiconductor, Tablet, Worldwide
MediaTek collaborates with Google on Ultra HD Android TV
Jan 6, 2015 – MediaTek has announced a collaboration with Google on the world's first Ultra HD TV platform solution for Android TV - made possible through Google's Android TV software integration on MediaTek's MT5595 System-on-Chip hardware.
News categories: MediaTek, Android TV, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek teams with Amazon on Fire HD tablets
Oct 9, 2014 – MediaTek has announced that it is working with Amazon to help power the new line of Fire tablets — the Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7 and Fire HD Kids Edition. The tablets feature MediaTek’s MT8135 System on Chip (SoC) and MT6628 connectivity solution.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Chen, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Tablet
MediaTek announces SoC with HEVC playback support for tablets
May 31, 2014 – MediaTek has announced the MT8127, a quad-core tablet System on Chip (SoC) that offers full hardware support for the new HEVC (H.265) video playback standard. The SoC will power ALCATEL ONETOUCH's PIXI 8 tablet.
News categories: MediaTek, Alcatel, Joe Chen, Vittorio Di Mauro, Semiconductor, Tablet, Worldwide
MediaTek announces fifth generation Smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2014 – MediaTek has announced its fifth generation of Smart TV platforms. MediaTek's 8-series chipset family consists of fully integrated SoCs (systems on chip) specially designed for the next-generation UHD smart TVs.
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering