Digital TV News: Joe Chen
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek launches SoC for Ultra-HD 4K Blu-ray players
Jan 4, 2016 – MediaTek has announced its MT8581, a multimedia system-on-chip for Ultra High Definition (4K) Blu-ray players. The MT8581 will power the industry's first Blu-ray players to use both Ultra-HD (UHD) and high-dynamic range imaging (HDR).
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MediaTek chipsets power new Amazon devices
Sep 18, 2015 – MediaTek has announced that it will power an array of Amazon consumer products, including the Amazon Fire TV, and Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets. These are the latest in a series of Amazon devices powered by MediaTek.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Che, Peter Larsen, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, USA
MediaTek announces ARM Cortex-A72-based tablet SoC
Mar 1, 2015 – MediaTek has announced the first tablet SoC in a family that features an ARM® Cortex®-A72 processor. The MT8173 meets the growing demand for 4K Ultra HD content and graphic-heavy gaming by everyday mobile computing device users.
News categories: MediaTek, ARM, Joe Chen, Noel Hurley, ICs, MWC20, Semiconductor, Tablet, Worldwide
MediaTek collaborates with Google on Ultra HD Android TV
Jan 6, 2015 – MediaTek has announced a collaboration with Google on the world's first Ultra HD TV platform solution for Android TV - made possible through Google's Android TV software integration on MediaTek's MT5595 System-on-Chip hardware.
News categories: MediaTek, Android TV, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek teams with Amazon on Fire HD tablets
Oct 9, 2014 – MediaTek has announced that it is working with Amazon to help power the new line of Fire tablets — the Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7 and Fire HD Kids Edition. The tablets feature MediaTek’s MT8135 System on Chip (SoC) and MT6628 connectivity solution.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Chen, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Tablet
MediaTek announces SoC with HEVC playback support for tablets
May 31, 2014 – MediaTek has announced the MT8127, a quad-core tablet System on Chip (SoC) that offers full hardware support for the new HEVC (H.265) video playback standard. The SoC will power ALCATEL ONETOUCH's PIXI 8 tablet.
News categories: MediaTek, Alcatel, Joe Chen, Vittorio Di Mauro, Semiconductor, Tablet, Worldwide
MediaTek announces fifth generation Smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2014 – MediaTek has announced its fifth generation of Smart TV platforms. MediaTek's 8-series chipset family consists of fully integrated SoCs (systems on chip) specially designed for the next-generation UHD smart TVs.
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek Releases World's First 120Hz SoC for High-end Smart TV
Jan 5, 2012 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced the release of the world's first 120Hz Smart TV single chip. In addition to providing an unparalleled 3D viewing experience, the chip is also an industry leader in support for Wi-Fi display technology.
News categories: MediaTek, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5