Digital TV News: Joe Cozzolino
Motorola to demonstrate real-time HD HEVC encoding and decoding at NABShow
Apr 5, 2013 – At the 2013 NAB Show, Motorola will continue its history of innovation with its first ever real-time HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) encoding and decoding demonstration at its exhibit space, booth # SU2017.
News categories: Motorola, Content Distribution, NABShow, TV Services
Canada's Eastlink moves to MPEG-4 HD with Motorola
Nov 10, 2011 – Motorola (NYSE: MMI) has announced that Canada's EastLink has deployed two of Motorola's advanced HD set-tops, the DCX3400-M and DCX700-M. These set-tops enable the migration of HD broadcast and on-demand services to MPEG-4.
News categories: Motorola, EastLink, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box
Magnalink Selects Motorola FTTH and IPTV Solutions for the Czech Republic
Sep 7, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that Magnalink has chosen Motorola Home & Networks Mobility's (H&NM) GPON and IPTV set -top solutions to deliver services within the city of Hradec Kralove in the Czech Republic.
News categories: Motorola, Magnalink, KonekTel, BBWF, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box
Motorola to Deploy Mobile TV Network for Info-TV-FM in Poland
Aug 7, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has been selected by INFO-TV-FM to design and deploy a mobile TV network, based on DVB-H and OMA BCAST, for Poland. Deployment is planned for Warsaw and 9 other Polish cities by the end of 2009.
News categories: INFO-TV-FM, Motorola, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Poland
Motorola Supplies 150,000 IPTV Set-Tops to Portugal Telecom
May 13, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has delivered 150,000 IPTV set tops to Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) for its 'meo' triple play service. At 31st of December of 2008, the operator had 312,000 customers for the service.
News categories: Motorola, Portugal Telecom, meo, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Ziggo Selects Motorola Video Server to Power HD Video-on-Demand Service
Sep 8, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that Ziggo, the Netherlands' largest cable service provider, has selected Motorola's on-demand platform to deliver Ziggo's High Definition (HD) and Standard Definition (SD) video-on-demand service.
News categories: Motorola, Ziggo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Netherlands
Motorola and Deutsche Telekom Collaborate on IPTV
Sep 1, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) and Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE; NYSE:DT) have announced a collaboration to deliver IPTV in Germany and Deutsche Telekom will use Motorola's High Definition (HD)-ready IPTV set-tops for its 'T-Home Entertain' services.
News categories: Motorola, Deutsche Telekom, Joe Cozzolino, Christian Illek, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box
Motorola Ships One Millionth Digital Set-Top Box to ONO
Apr 24, 2008 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has celebrated shipping its one millionth digital cable set-top box (STB) to Spanish cable provider ONO.
News categories: Motorola, ONO, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Spain
Motorola Selected as Lead Supplier for Next-Generation of BT Vision Set-Top Boxes
Jan 7, 2008 – BT has selected Motorola as the lead supplier of next-generation set-top boxes for its BT Vision digital TV service. Motorola will supply BT with second-generation V-Boxes for deployment in 2009.
News categories: Motorola, BT Vision, Joe Cozzolino, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK