Digital TV News: John Barrett
58% of Canadian broadband households have access to online video on their TV set
May 21, 2015 – Parks Associates research reveals 58% of Canadian broadband households have at least one connected CE device that allows online content to be accessed through a TV set, up from 48% in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, John Barrett, Brett Sappington, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Nearly 20% of U.S. broadband households now have a streaming media player
Jun 10, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates reports that usage of Google Chromecasts appears to be declining while adoption of streaming media players has increased to nearly 20% of U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, John Barrett, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
14% of smartphone/tablet users recently used a TV-content app
Jul 18, 2013 – Research from Parks Associates shows consumers are developing preferences for TV-content apps as more smartphone and tablet users are using TV-channel apps from networks like MTV, Nickelodeon, and USA Network and apps for shows like 'Glee' and 'The Walking Dead'.
News categories: Parks Associates, Apps, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Parks Associates research shows U.K. the Leading European Nation for DVRs
Dec 2, 2008 – The United Kingdom is the first European nation to adopt digital video recorders (DVRs) in significant numbers, according to international research firm Parks Associates' new study Entertainment 2.0 in Europe.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, DVR, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor