Digital TV News: John Gildred
Piksel integrates Intertrust ExpressPlay Mobile SDK
Apr 9, 2014 – Piksel and Intertrust have announced the availability of PikselGuard 4 with Marlin DRM, an open standard digital rights management platform. PikselGuard 4 incorporates Intertrust's ExpressPlay™ mobile SDK for Marlin DRM protection.
News categories: Piksel, Intertrust, Mark Portu, John Gildred, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Intertrust announces ExpressPlay™ cloud-based content protection
May 22, 2013 – Intertrust has announced 'ExpressPlay™', a content protection solution-as-a-service that is simple and cost-effective to implement by any service provider yet strong enough to protect high-value entertainment and media content including video, audio, ebooks and games.
News categories: Intertrust, Content Protection, OTT
SyncTV Demonstrates Proof-of-Concept Hardware for Viewing HD Downloads on TVs
Jan 7, 2008 – SyncTV will demonstrate a proof-of-concept device that will play downloads, including 1080p HD video content on a television set at this year's CES show.
News categories: SyncTV, CES2021, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, USA
SyncTV Launches Beta of 'Unlimited Download' Service for TV Shows
Nov 19, 2007 – SyncTV has announced the private beta launch of its TV download service, which will provide home-theater quality TV shows on an unlimited download basis. Completely based on open-standards, the SyncTV service works on Windows PCs, Macs and Linux PCs, and in the future it will also work on TVs and portable players.
News categories: SyncTV, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online