Digital TV News: John Gildred
Piksel integrates Intertrust ExpressPlay Mobile SDK
Apr 9, 2014 – Piksel and Intertrust have announced the availability of PikselGuard 4 with Marlin DRM, an open standard digital rights management platform. PikselGuard 4 incorporates Intertrust's ExpressPlay™ mobile SDK for Marlin DRM protection.
News categories: Piksel, Intertrust, Mark Portu, John Gildred, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Intertrust announces ExpressPlay™ cloud-based content protection
May 22, 2013 – Intertrust has announced 'ExpressPlay™', a content protection solution-as-a-service that is simple and cost-effective to implement by any service provider yet strong enough to protect high-value entertainment and media content including video, audio, ebooks and games.
News categories: Intertrust, Content Protection, OTT
SyncTV Demonstrates Proof-of-Concept Hardware for Viewing HD Downloads on TVs
Jan 7, 2008 – SyncTV will demonstrate a proof-of-concept device that will play downloads, including 1080p HD video content on a television set at this year's CES show.
News categories: SyncTV, CES2021, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, USA
SyncTV Launches Beta of 'Unlimited Download' Service for TV Shows
Nov 19, 2007 – SyncTV has announced the private beta launch of its TV download service, which will provide home-theater quality TV shows on an unlimited download basis. Completely based on open-standards, the SyncTV service works on Windows PCs, Macs and Linux PCs, and in the future it will also work on TVs and portable players.
News categories: SyncTV, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product