Digital TV News: John Nemeth
AWS Elemental video processing selected by NOWO for OTT
Aug 17, 2017 – Amazon Web Services has announced that NOWO has selected video processing solutions from AWS Elemental to power a unified headend delivering its digital cable and over-the-top (OTT) video services.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, NOWO, John Nemeth, Ana Maria Teixeira, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, TV Everywhere
MultiChoice chooses Elemental for delivery of its DStv online service
Nov 11, 2015 – Elemental has announced that MultiChoice is using Elemental for live streaming and video-on-demand (VOD) delivery of its DStv online service, which makes sports and entertainment content available on smart phones and tablets to more than 10 million subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Elemental, MultiChoice, John Nemeth, Jean-Pierre Rossouw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa, Streaming
Com Hem unifies delivery of linear and multiscreen TV with Elemental
Aug 27, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Com Hem has chosen Elemental software-defined video processing systems to support a unified headend for delivering linear video across cable, IPTV and over-the-top networks.
News categories: Elemental, Com Hem, John Nemeth, Henri Caddeo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC, Mobile, Sweden
Elemental powers Sky Go and NOW TV
Jul 15, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Sky, the UK's largest pay TV provider, is leveraging Elemental to process and deliver its over-the-top (OTT) TV service NOW TV and mobile TV service, Sky Go.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Sky, John Nemeth, Matt McDonald, Content Distribution, Streaming, UK
Elemental powers Deutsche Glasfaser linear and multiscreen TV
Aug 25, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser, a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network provider, is using Elemental video processing for delivery of linear TV, radio, video-on-demand (VOD) and multiscreen services to regional subscribers in Germany.
News categories: Elemental, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, John Nemeth, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IBC, IPTV, Mobile
Elemental provides Stofa with video processing for multiscreen services
May 12, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Stofa is using Elemental video processing solutions to process, package and manage live linear channels in real time for its catch-up TV and multiscreen video services.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Stofa, Thomas Helbo, John Nemeth, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Mobile
Vienna State Opera streams world’s first live 4K internet broadcast
May 5, 2014 – Elemental Technologies has announced that the Vienna State Opera will use Elemental video processing solutions to stream the world’s first live production in 4K high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) delivered via MPEG-DASH over the Internet.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Vienna State Opera, Christopher Widauer, John Nemeth, Apps, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product