Digital TV News: Joyn
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
Jul 9, 2019 – 3SS has announced that it has been chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery. Joyn features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content.
News categories: 3SS, Joyn, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
Joyn free TV streaming platform for Germany to start in June 2019
May 8, 2019 – In June 2019, Joyn (formerly 7TV), the app featuring Germany’s biggest range of Free-TV content, will be launched. Joyn, the joint venture of ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, offers live streams from over 50 TV channels plus an extensive on-demand offering.
News categories: 7TV, Alexandar Vassilev, Katja Hofem, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
High-speed broadband reached three quarters of homes in Europe in June 2017
Jun 25, 2018 – At the end of June 2017, more than three quarters of homes in the 28 countries in the European Union (EU28) had access to high-speed broadband services. For the first time, 4G LTE availability matched 3G HSPA networks, in terms of the number of households covered.
News categories: IHS Markit, Point Topic, James Joyner, Broadband, Europe, Market Research
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
Jul 17, 2017 – Joyne has selected the EUTELSAT 9B satellite as its platform to reach viewers in the Netherlands and across Europe. Joyne has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and is preparing to officially launch on 24 July.
News categories: Eutelsat, Joyne, Michel Azibert, Hans Brunas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Home security and home automation opportunity for pay TV operators
Jun 3, 2014 – Home security and home automation represent opportunity for pay TV operators. Nearly 30% of North American households are expected to have a managed smart home automation system installed by 2019, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Qualcomm announces Ultra HD processor for TVs and Set-Top-Boxes
Jan 6, 2014 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has introduced the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 802 processor, the first fully integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for next-generation smart TVs, smart set-top boxes and smart digital media adapters.
News categories: Qualcomm, Murthy Renduchintala, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
Dec 4, 2013 – LG Electronics will be the first company to incorporate the AllJoyn open source software framework into its Smart TV platform, giving users a new level of interoperability between devices.
News categories: LG Electronics, Qualcomm, Richard Choi, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Smart TV
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine