Digital TV News: Jump
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Sky Glass to launch in Ireland in August
Jul 27, 2022 – Sky Ireland has announced that Sky's TV, Sky Glass, will launch in Ireland on 25th August 2022. Sky Glass is the only TV with Sky inside, allowing customers to get Sky TV over WiFi – removing the need for a satellite dish or STB.
News categories: Sky, JD Buckley, Digital TV, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming
Streaming accounted for over one-third of U.S. TV viewing in June
Jul 21, 2022 – In June, streaming captured 33.7% of U.S. television consumption. This is streaming's largest share of TV usage to be measured by Nielsen's (NYSE: NLSN) monthly TV and streaming snapshot since its inception in May 2021.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Global Smart Speaker shipments declined 5% in 1Q22
Jun 6, 2022 – In Q1 2022 new disruptions to the global component shortage caused by Russia's war against Ukraine and a resurgence of COVID-19 in greater China disrupted the smart speaker and smart display markets, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytic, Jack Narcotta, David Watkins, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Airtel launches all-in-one fiber with 17 OTTs and 350 TV channels
May 30, 2022 – Airtel has launched three all-in-one plans built for the entertainment needs of today’s connected homes. The plans include subscriptions to 17 premium OTTs and 350+ TV channels together with unlimited data over fibre.
News categories: Airtel, Vir Inder Nath, Digital TV, Fibre, India, Set Top Box
U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
May 13, 2022 – U.S. consumers spent $8.7 billion on movies and television shows consumed at home and on the go in the first quarter of 2022. Spending rose almost 11% from the $7.8 billion consumers spent in the same period of 2021.
News categories: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
VIZIO shows TV ad innovations at IAB NewFronts
May 9, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) brought together agency, content and technology partners for a week of events in New York to demonstrate the power of its Smart TV operating system and unveil its latest technology advancements.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Bergman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen U.S. snapshot shows streaming had largest share yet in March
Apr 21, 2022 – The Gauge, the monthly total TV and streaming snapshot from Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN), showed that streaming captured its largest share of total television usage ever in March, making up nearly 30% of overall viewing time.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server