Digital TV News: KAN
Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
May 23, 2023 – Imagination Technologies is bringing seamless visual experiences to consumer devices with the new IMG CXM GPU range which includes the smallest GPU to support HDR user interfaces natively.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, James Chapman, Dr. Charlie Su, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Multiplay service revenue in India to grow at 4.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 22, 2023 – Multiplay service revenue in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2022 and 2027 in line with the rising adoption of service bundles, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
ThinkAnalytics powers personalized recommendations at Go3
May 11, 2023 – TV3 Group has teamed up with ThinkAnalytics to implement AI-based, personalized content recommendations for customers of its Go3 streaming service in the Baltics.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Go3, Samuel Sweet, Jan Wykrytowicz, Baltics, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Mediacorp selects ThinkAnalytics to power OTT TV personalisation
Apr 25, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Mediacorp has selected the Think360 personalised content discovery and viewer engagement platform for mewatch its OTT streaming service.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Mediacorp, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Singapore, Streaming, UX
Accedo, Amagi and ThinkAnalytics bring linear personalization to FAST
Apr 15, 2023 – Accedo, Amagi and ThinkAnalytics have partnered to bring viewer-centric experiences to FAST. The solution uses ThinkAnalytics discovery, with Amagi EPGs and channels, in a personalized UX from Accedo.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Amagi, Accedo, Greg Riker, Baskar Subramanian, Michael Lantz, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
Mar 28, 2023 – According to Zattoo's 2023 TV Streaming Report, more and more Swiss people use the internet for TV reception, with high inflation having less impact on streaming subscriptions than expected.
News categories: Zattoo, Jörg Meyer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
Mar 21, 2023 – Proximus is now using ThinkAnalytics' Think360 to power its Pickx service on all platforms. Think360 uses AI and ML to analyze Pickx subscribers' viewing behaviour to help them find new content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Proximus, Richard Dowling, Raphaël De Beys, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028