Digital TV News: KKR
Nielsen enters agreement to be acquired by private equity consortium
Mar 29, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has agreed to be acquired by a private equity consortium led by Evergreen Coast Capital and Brookfield Business Partners along with institutional partners in a transaction valued at ~$16 billion.
News categories: Nielsen, Elliott, Brookfield, James A. Attwood, Jesse Cohn, Marc Steinberg, Dave Gregory, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Amagi secures over $100m of funding
Sep 10, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Accel, Avataar Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and existing investor Premji Invest have collectively invested over $100 million in the company. The funds have bought out the stake held by Emerald Media and Mayfield India. Nadathur Holdings continues as an existing investor.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 sell T-Mobile Netherlands
Sep 7, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have entered into an agreement to sell T-Mobile Netherlands to WP/AP Telecom Holdings, an entity jointly controlled by funds advised by Apax Partners and Warburg Pincus.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile NL, Tele2, Thorsten Langheim, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands
German video entertainment market approaching €10 billion in 2020
Mar 3, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, 2019 was a defining year for the German TV and video market, with mass market resistance to premium digital video finally falling away and paving the way for next month’s launch of Disney+.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MandA, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Streaming
OSCE Presence to assist Albanian electronic media regulatory body draft national strategy
Oct 3, 2007 – The OSCE Presence in Albania will assist the National Council of Radio and Television (NCRT) in drafting an audio-visual strategy which will tackle issues such as the management of the transition from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: OSCE, KKRT, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics