Digital TV News: Ken Lowe
Sigma Introduces High Performance Media Processor for Feature-Rich Consumer Devices
Sep 29, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its new SMP8644 media processor system-on-chip (SoC), designed for feature-rich consumer products including next generation IPTV set-top boxes, IP cable set-top boxes, and Blu-ray players.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Demonstrates Latest Consumer Technology for IPTV, Cable and UWB Solutions at IBC
Sep 11, 2008 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has announced that it will demonstrate a wide range of consumer technology solutions at IBC 2008 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Ken Lowe, Cable TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs' Media Processors Power I-O DATA's New Set-Top Boxes for Japan's Free GyaO TV/internet Service
Aug 11, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and I-O DATA have announced that Sigma's industry leading SMP8634LF media processors are being used in I-O DATA's new, updated set-top box models, the AV-LS500L and AV-LS500UL.
News categories: Sigma Designs, I-O DATA, USEN Corp, GyaO NEXT, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sigma Media Processors Power Advanced Communications' IPTV Set-top Boxes Across Japan
Jun 25, 2008 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) and Advanced Communications (Adcom) have announced that Sigma's SMP8654 media processors will be used to power Advanced Communications' IPv6 set-top boxes (STBs) currently being deployed throughout Japan.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Adcom, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sigma Designs to Showcase DOCSIS 3.0 Multi Channel and tru2way™ Set-Top Box at NCTA Cable Show 2008
May 15, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM), leveraging Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) cable TV technology and VividLogic's tru2way™ software, has announced demonstrations of its DOCSIS 3.0 multi channel and tru2way™ set-top box at the NCTA Cable Show 2008.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Texas Instruments, VividLogic, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sigma Media Processors to be Used on Pirelli's IPTV Set-Top Boxes
Apr 22, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that its highly integrated SMP8634 media processor is being used by Pirelli Broadband Solutions, to power their line of IPTV set-top boxes, currently being deployed by two major European operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Pirelli Broadband, Ken Lowe, Corrado Rocca, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and SecureMedia Launch Ãœber-Security For A New Generation of IPTV Digital Media Devices
Apr 15, 2008 – SecureMedia has announced that its Encryptonite ONE™ digital media protection system has been integrated into the SMP 8630 family of Secure Media Processors from Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM).
News categories: SecureMedia, Sigma Designs, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Introduces Next Generation IPTV Media Processor
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it has begun sampling its new SMP8654 media processor SoC, designed for the next generation of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and Microsoft Collaborate on Advanced IPTV System-on-a-Chip for Microsoft Mediaroom
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) have announced a collaboration to enable the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform to operate on next-generation set-top boxes using the new Sigma SMP8654 SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads