Digital TV News: Kishore Seendripu
Netgem Selects MaxLinear Silicon Tuner for Use in Set-Top Box Designs
Jul 13, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has selected the MxL201RF ultra-low power silicon tuner to be used in several of its key hybrid set-top box (STB) designs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Netgem, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Reaches New Record with More than 100 Million TV Tuner IC Shipments
Jun 9, 2010 – MaxLinear has announced that it has shipped more than 100 million TV tuner ICs. This milestone comes just 12 months after the company announced it had surpassed 50 million units shipped.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cable TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Partners with Cocom to Deliver DVB-T2 Certified Freeview HD Set-Top Box
May 4, 2010 – MaxLinear has announced that its MxL5007T global digital terrestrial TV RF receiver IC has passed DVB-T2 certification in the UK as part of a set-top box (STB) designed by Cocom Consumer Electronics.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cocom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
MaxLinear and Sigma Designs Deliver IPTV Set Top Box Reference Design
Sep 10, 2009 – MaxLinear has announced that MaxLinear and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have jointly developed a highly integrated hybrid DVB-T IPTV set-top-box (STB) reference design.
News categories: MaxLinear, Sigma Designs, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Delivers Industry's Highest Performance DVB-T Tuner/Demod SoC
Sep 10, 2009 – MaxLinear has announced the availability of its MxL1x1SF family, a tuner and demodulator system on chip (SoC) for DVB-T applications and hybrid multi-mode applications combining DVB-T & other analog/digital terrestrial TV & cable TV standards.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Enters Cable TV Market With Ultra Low Power Silicon Tuner Family
Aug 10, 2009 – MaxLinear has announced the MxL20xRF family of silicon tuners developed for the digital cable market. The family is aimed at set-top-boxes (STBs), digital video recorders (DVRs), cable modems, EMTAs, cable gateways and cable-enabled TVs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MaxLinear and Hauppauge Partner to Deliver Embedded PCTV Solution for Ultra-Mobile PCs
Jul 23, 2009 – MaxLinear has announced it has partnered with Hauppauge Digital to deliver an Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) standards-based PCTV minicard for ultra-mobile PCs (UMPCs).
News categories: MaxLinear, Hauppauge Digital, ATSC 3, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Passes the 50 Million TV Tuner IC Shipment Milestone
Jun 1, 2009 – MaxLinear has announced that it has shipped more than 50 million TV tuner ICs, showing the value of MaxLinear's standard digital CMOS-based RF/mixed-signal IC technology as the replacement for RF BiCMOS and Silicon Germanium based tuner ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, ISDB-T, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
MaxLinear's MxL5007T Silicon Tuner Chosen for Stylish Digital Stream MUON Portable LCD Television
Jan 6, 2009 – MaxLinear has announced that its revolutionary MxL5007T digital terrestrial silicon tuner has been designed into the Digital Stream MUON ATSC portable LCD television.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital Stream, ATSC 3, CES2021, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product