Digital TV News: Kyungshik Lee
Amazon teams with Samsung, Warner, Lionsgate and others on 4K Ultra HD
Jan 6, 2014 – Amazon Instant Video has announced that it is working with the world’s leading consumer electronics companies, top Hollywood studios and TV programmers to offer customers a premium 4K Ultra HD experience.
News categories: Amazon, Bill Carr, Kyungshik Lee, Ron Sanders, Jim Packer, Mike Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming
TeliaSonera and Samsung launch IPTV for Smart TV - eliminating the set-top box
Aug 30, 2012 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have started a collaboration to develop a Smart TV solution that will allow existing IPTV without the need for an external set-top-box, with full support for key linear, catch-up and on-demand features.
News categories: Samsung, TeliaSonera, Elion, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IFABerlin, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
Samsung to Unveil Broadband HDTVs with Embedded Skype
Feb 25, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) and Skype have announced that the new Samsung LED 7000 and 8000 series models of 2010 high-definition televisions will feature embedded Skype™ software allowing Skype users to make video and voice calls through the TVs.
News categories: Skype, Samsung, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Streaming
Samsung Unveils Application Store For TVs, Blu-ray Players, Home Theater Systems and Select Mobile Phones
Jan 6, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) has unveiled Samsung Apps, the world's first HDTV-based application store where users can download applications from select Samsung HDTVs, Blu-ray Players and Home Theater systems via the upgraded Internet@TV - Content Service.
News categories: Samsung, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Samsung Electronics to Release DivX Certified Digital Televisions to Global Market
Jan 7, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and Samsung Electronics have announced that the first DivX Certified Samsung flat-panel HD television (HDTV) will be available in global markets in March 2009.
News categories: DivX, Samsung, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming
Samsung and DivX Announce Agreement to Add DivX Video Support to Leading Line of Digital Televisions
Oct 15, 2008 – DivX (Nasdaq:DIVX) and Samsung (Seoul:005930) have announced a multi-year agreement to add high-quality DivX® video playback to a number of Samsung digital television models, for availability in worldwide markets beginning in early 2009.
News categories: DivX, Samsung, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart Home, Smart TV
dotTV Consortium to Demonstrate Next Generation Digital Television Service at NAB
Apr 9, 2008 – The dotTV Consortium, whose mission is to develop and promote specifications for the next-generation digital TV service, will demonstrate its service at NAB in Las Vegas.
News categories: dotTV Consortium, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, NABShow, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022