Digital TV News: Kyungshik Lee
Amazon teams with Samsung, Warner, Lionsgate and others on 4K Ultra HD
Jan 6, 2014 – Amazon Instant Video has announced that it is working with the world’s leading consumer electronics companies, top Hollywood studios and TV programmers to offer customers a premium 4K Ultra HD experience.
News categories: Amazon, Bill Carr, Kyungshik Lee, Ron Sanders, Jim Packer, Mike Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming
TeliaSonera and Samsung launch IPTV for Smart TV - eliminating the set-top box
Aug 30, 2012 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have started a collaboration to develop a Smart TV solution that will allow existing IPTV without the need for an external set-top-box, with full support for key linear, catch-up and on-demand features.
News categories: Samsung, TeliaSonera, Elion, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
Samsung to Unveil Broadband HDTVs with Embedded Skype
Feb 25, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) and Skype have announced that the new Samsung LED 7000 and 8000 series models of 2010 high-definition televisions will feature embedded Skype™ software allowing Skype users to make video and voice calls through the TVs.
News categories: Skype, Samsung, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Streaming
Samsung Unveils Application Store For TVs, Blu-ray Players, Home Theater Systems and Select Mobile Phones
Jan 6, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) has unveiled Samsung Apps, the world's first HDTV-based application store where users can download applications from select Samsung HDTVs, Blu-ray Players and Home Theater systems via the upgraded [email protected] - Content Service.
News categories: Samsung, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Samsung Electronics to Release DivX Certified Digital Televisions to Global Market
Jan 7, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and Samsung Electronics have announced that the first DivX Certified Samsung flat-panel HD television (HDTV) will be available in global markets in March 2009.
News categories: DivX, Samsung, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming
Samsung and DivX Announce Agreement to Add DivX Video Support to Leading Line of Digital Televisions
Oct 15, 2008 – DivX (Nasdaq:DIVX) and Samsung (Seoul:005930) have announced a multi-year agreement to add high-quality DivX® video playback to a number of Samsung digital television models, for availability in worldwide markets beginning in early 2009.
News categories: DivX, Samsung, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart Home, Smart TV
dotTV Consortium to Demonstrate Next Generation Digital Television Service at NAB
Apr 9, 2008 – The dotTV Consortium, whose mission is to develop and promote specifications for the next-generation digital TV service, will demonstrate its service at NAB in Las Vegas.
News categories: dotTV Consortium, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, NABShow, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform