Digital TV News: LG Electronics
DigiCAP, LG and Pearl TV trial in-car handoff between ATSC 3.0 TV stations
Mar 14, 2022 – In a test car, LG installed a system to receive and display ATSC 3.0 signals on a rear-seat entertainment TV. As the car traveled from the signal coverage of one TV station to the next, the NRT handoff technology succeeded in keeping a steady TV signal on the receiver device.
News categories: DigiCAP, LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Yeongho Je, Anne Schell, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
Jan 25, 2022 – According to TrendForce, the TV set market slowed in 2H 2021, leading to a decline in shipments of 3.2% year-on-year to 210 million units. In 2022, TV shipments are expected to grow by 3.4% to 217 million units.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
Jan 20, 2022 – Discovery and LG have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada, including LG's line-up of LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs. discovery+ is accessible on the LG webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Matthew Durgin, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
iSpot integrates Smart TV data in deal with LG Ads Solutions
Dec 15, 2021 – iSpot has announced a licensing deal for smart TV data from LG Ads Solutions. The deal gives iSpot access to LG on-the-glass program and ad data from more than 20 million opted-in smart TVs from a range of TV makers in addition to LG.
News categories: iSpot, LG Ads Solutions, Sean Muller, Raghu Kodige, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
Dec 8, 2021 – LG Electronics has made available Google's cloud gaming service Stadia on LG Smart TVs running webOS 5.0 and 6.0. The app can be downloaded from the LG Content Store, in the U.S and the 21 other countries where Stadia operates.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK