Digital TV News: LMT
LMT picks Harmonic to optimise 4G bandwidth use on its live OTT service
Feb 22, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that LMT has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its live OTT service, delivered to TVs via 4G set-top boxes. Using the technology, LMT can deliver a video with up to a 40% reduction in bandwidth.
News categories: Harmonic, LMT, Ian Graham, Edgars Gončars, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latvia, Mobile, OTT
Latvia's LMT launches multiscreen TV with Broadpeak
Oct 26, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Latvian telco operator Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT) has deployed a Broadpeak solution to support its new live, on-demand, and catch-up TV services. Hannu Pro provided expertise in systems integration.
News categories: Broadpeak, Latvijas Mobilais Telefons, Jacques Le Mancq, Edgars Goncars, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Latvia, TV Everywhere
LMT planning 4G mobile TV service for Latvia
Mar 24, 2016 – Latvian mobile operator, Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT), has said that it is working on a mobile TV service to be available over its 4G network. The service called LMT Majas Televizija (LMT Home TV) will begin a trial service next month.
News categories: Latvijas Mobilais Telefons, Digital TV, Latvia, Mobile
BSAT-3b Satellite Begins Service for Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation of Japan
Dec 8, 2010 – The BSAT-3b broadcasting satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) B-SAT of Japan, is now operational following successful on-orbit deployment and checkout of all spacecraft systems.
News categories: B-SAT, Lockheed Martin, Japan, Satellite
Allegro 3GPP Mobile TV Transcoders Operated by LMT
Feb 10, 2009 – Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT) uses Allegro transcoders for simultaneous 3GPP and DVB-H Mobile TV broadcasting. Allegro AL2000 transcoders enable the same program to be broadcast simultaneously to three screens - IPTV, Internet TV and Mobile TV.
News categories: Allegro, LMT, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile
Irdeto secures Latvijas Mobilais Telefons DVB-H trial
Feb 10, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has been engaged by Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT) to secure mobile TV services in Latvia.
News categories: Irdeto, Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT), Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latvia, Mobile, MWC20
Lockheed Martin Marks 33rd Consecutive A2100 Success With The Launch Of BSAT-3a Satellite
Aug 14, 2007 – The BSAT-3a telecommunications satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for the Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation (B-SAT), was successfully has been launched from Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results