Digital TV News: LOVEFiLM
Downturn in video spending correlates with Netflix availability
Feb 24, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its report measuring spend on movies and TV shows. According to the report, there is a clear correlation between the launch of Netflix and a decline in video spending.
News categories: IHS Inc, Helen Davis Jayalath, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK, USA, Worldwide
OTT to reach nearly half the world’s TV households by 2020
Sep 9, 2014 – The number of households watching online TV and video will reach 706.53 million in 2020, up from 196.90 million in 2010 and the 374.43 million expected in 2014, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
Aug 27, 2014 – The number of European homes paying a monthly subscription to receive subscription video on demand packages will climb from 1.78 million in 2010 to 59.41 million in 2020, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Total UK video entertainment spend to reach £10bn by 2018
Apr 9, 2014 – Overall video entertainment spend in the UK is expected to reach £10 billion by 2018, averaging 2% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, UK
Pay-TV operators look to 'second screen' apps and enhanced DVR
Feb 12, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, value-added services like second screen apps and enhanced DVR capabilities have gained in popularity due to the convergence happening in the living room between smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Simon Morris, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Streaming, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Simon Morris, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Streaming, UK
BSkyB launches £9.99 NOW TV HDMI dongle
Jul 26, 2013 – The £9.99 (~$15) NOW TV Box measures 84mm x 84mm x 24mm, plugs into a TV set via HDMI, and connects to the internet over the user's wireless home network. NOW TV offers terrestrial catch-up, pay-as-you-go sport and movies on demand.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania