Digital TV News: Legend Silicon
Legend Silicon Brings ATSC Broadcast Reception One Step Closer to Cars & Mobile Devices
Nov 21, 2011 – Legend Silicon has announced SuperTV™ technology critical to solving diversity and mobile reception issues inherent in the U.S. legacy Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Digital Terrestrial Broadcast (Free-to-Air) market.
News categories: Legend Silicon, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Cypress and Legend Silicon Debut World's First USB TV Dongle Reference Design to Bring High-Resolution TV to PCs and Laptops
Dec 16, 2008 – Cypress Semiconductor (NYSE:CY) and Legend Silicon have introduced a reference design for a DTMB USB PC-TV dongle. It leverages Cypress's EZ-USB® FX2LP high-speed USB controller to drive Legend Silicon's LGS-8GL5/LGS-8G75 demodulator.
News categories: Legend Silicon, Cypress Semiconductor, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon Introduces Two New Demodulators for Portable Digital Television Applications
Sep 18, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced two demodulators for China's terrestrial (GB20600-2006) market. The LGS-8G75 and LGS-8G77 improve end-user reception while offering new interfaces and space savings for mobile and portable applications.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon Introduces Diversity Demodulator to Dramatically Improve Reception of Weak and Noisy Television Signals in China
Sep 16, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced the LGS-8G78, a demodulator designed, by employing diversity, to significantly improve reception of the digital terrestrial television broadcast (DTTB) signals defined by China's GB20600-2006 standard.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, In-Car, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon and TCL Jointly Promote iDTV With High-Definition Experience for Olympic Fans in Beijing
Aug 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced that it joined forces with TCL (Shenzhen:000100) to demonstrate integrated digital television (iDTV) technology in Beijing during the 2008 Olympic Games.
News categories: Legend Silicon, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Legend Silicon Releases 3rd Generation DTV Demodulator Chip
Apr 17, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced a new, all-mode DTV demodulator chip (LGS-8G52) for China's latest DTV standards.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Hong Kong, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon and aigo Co-launch Mobile High Definition Device For 2008 Olympics
Mar 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has partnered with China's aigo to create a USB Dongle designed around Legend Silicon's demodulation chipset to enable Chinese consumers to view terrestrial HDTV on their laptops in time for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
News categories: Legend Silicon, aigo, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026