Digital TV News: Liberty Latin America
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
May 12, 2021 – Velocix has announced a multi-country agreement with Liberty Latin America (LLA) to power the operator's Android TV-based streaming services in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
News categories: Velocix, Liberty Latin America, Anthony Berkeley, Ewam de Freitas, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
Apr 15, 2021 – VTR has selected Media Distillery to improve its video user experience. With Media Distillery's AI technology, subscribers are now able to watch programmes with precisely correct start times when using Replay.
News categories: Media Distillery, Liberty Latin America, VTR, Roland Sars, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, DVR, UX
Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
Sep 16, 2020 – Liberty Puerto Rico has launched Hub TV. Developed by Liberty Latin America (LLA) and TiVo, Hub TV is an IPTV console that uses the TiVo platform to give customers a personalized multimedia entertainment experience.
News categories: Liberty Puerto Rico, TiVo, Waldo Hooker, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
Jul 30, 2020 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Telefónica's wireless operations in Costa Rica. Telefónica is Costa Rica’s second largest mobile provider.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica, Balan Nair, Costa Rica, MandA, Mobile
Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
Nov 5, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has sold its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Seychelles, to a consortium of local investors. In the transaction, Cable & Wireless Seychelles is valued at an enterprise value of $104 million.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Cable & Wireless Seychelles, Balan Nair, Charles Hammond, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Seychelles
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MandA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MandA, Mobile
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom