Digital TV News: Liberty Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
Sep 16, 2020 – Liberty Puerto Rico has launched Hub TV. Developed by Liberty Latin America (LLA) and TiVo, Hub TV is an IPTV console that uses the TiVo platform to give customers a personalized multimedia entertainment experience.
News categories: Liberty Puerto Rico, TiVo, Waldo Hooker, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MandA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Puerto Rico
Ericsson expands DVR services for VTR Chile and Liberty Puerto Rico
Sep 26, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has concluded a new deal with VTR in Chile and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico. With Ericsson's platform, the operators will be able to expand the reach of their DVR services (Catch-up TV and Restart TV).
News categories: Ericsson, VTR, Liberty Cablevision, Adrian Gioia, Derek Yeaomans, Cable TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Puerto Rico
Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
Apr 24, 2014 – Liberty Puerto Rico and ActiveVideo have announced the launch of a cloud-based personalized user interface that uses real-time viewing metrics to display program popularity.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Puerto Rico, Naji Khoury, Waldo Hooker, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia