Digital TV News: Light Reading
Over 50% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service
Apr 9, 2015 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service. The research firm reports that the average U.S. broadband household spends $9 per month on Internet video, up from $7 in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Motorola Mobility Simplifies Convergence With Connected Home Innovations at CES 2012
Jan 5, 2012 – At this year's CES, Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) is making the Smart Home simple -- with the introduction of the Connected Home Gateway. Key innovations from Motorola's Home division are also driving the evolution of television.
News categories: Motorola, CES2023, Gateway, Smart Home
Cisco to drop IPTV middleware in favour of Mediaroom?
Nov 12, 2010 – According to Light Reading, reporting from TelcoTV 2010, Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) is planning to move its ISDP (IPTV Services Delivery Platform) middleware customers to Microsoft Mediaroom (NASDAQ: MSFT).
News categories: Cisco Systems, Microsoft Mediaroom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Samsung to supply set-top boxes to Cablevision
Aug 19, 2010 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has selected Samsung (KRX:005930, 005935; LSE:SMSN, SMSD) as the first vendor to supply it with tru2way-based HD boxes outfitted with a new downloadable security platform, according to Light Reading Cable.
News categories: Samsung, Cablevision, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
AT&T set-top boxes move to Broadcom SoCs
Jun 15, 2010 – According to Light Reading, the next generation of AT&T (NYSE: T) U-Verse set-top boxes will use a system-on-a-chip (SoC) from Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) rather than one from Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) as currently.
News categories: AT&T, Broadcom, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
France's Multiplay Success Drives FTTH Interest
Oct 29, 2009 – By 2014, 50 percent of households in France will subscribe to a triple-play offer as operators invest in FTTH to stay competitive, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, Market Research
UK's Pay-TV Market Climbs to $8.2 Billion by 2014
Sep 16, 2009 – Pay-TV revenue in the U.K. will climb from $6.2 billion in 2009 to $8.2 billion by 2014 as IPTV grows at an impressive CAGR of 26 percent within the forecast period, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
Video Revenue in Italy's Telecom Market will Triple its Share by 2014
Jul 7, 2009 – In Italy's telecom market, video revenue will triple its share of total revenue by 2014, presenting a US$4.4 billion revenue opportunity for operators, according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Mobile, Subscribers
IPTV Rollouts in Asia/Pacific are not for Faint of Heart
Jun 30, 2009 – Despite the massive investments necessary in Asia/Pacific's IPTV market, both in technology and content procurement, telecom operators must invest to gain subscriber market share according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup