Digital TV News: Liquid Telecom
EUTELSAT 7B chosen by Liquid Telecom for Africa DTH
May 3, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced an agreement with Liquid Telecom for multiple transponders on EUTELSAT 7B. Liquid Telecom will use the satellite to service its broadcast requirement for DTH services across the African continent.
News categories: Eutelsat, Liquid Telecom, Michel Azibert, Scott Mumford, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
South African TV households to grow 10% by 2018
Dec 9, 2015 – According to Dataxis, the total number of South African TV households will grow 10% from end-2015 to end-2018 as pay-DTH continues to grow and new pay services using DTT and IPTV come on stream.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
CEC Liquid Telecom launches FTTH in Zambia
Feb 24, 2015 – CEC Liquid Telecom has announced the launch of Fibroniks, its FTTH service over which homes and businesses in Zambia can access broadband with unlimited data packages. Fibroniks will provide speeds of up to 100Mbps, the fastest broadband in Zambia and throughout Africa.
News categories: Liquid Telecom, CEC, Andrew Kapula, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Streaming, Zambia
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia