Digital TV News: MMS
Commscope to build Orange TV Box 4K set-tops for Moldova
Apr 28, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Moldova to provide set top boxes powered by Android TV. With the launch of the Orange TV Box 4K, Orange Moldova will offer subscribers a hybrid DVB-C 4K UHD digital video decoder.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Anthony Zuyderhoff, Olga Surugiu, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium to deploy Android TV STBs from CommScope
Apr 5, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Belgium to provide its subscribers with set top boxes powered by Android TV. The 4K UHD decoder provides access to streaming apps, cloud recording, and has Chromecast built in.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Thomas Parvais, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
CommScope postpones plan to spin-off Home Networks division
Feb 17, 2022 – In light of the ongoing impact of supply chain pressures on the Home Networks business, CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has decided that market conditions are not currently conducive to proceeding with the planned spin-off of Home Networks into an independent company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, CPE, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
CommScope RDK streamers included in Netflix scaling partner program
Dec 10, 2021 – CommScope has announced that its upcoming RDK-based VIP73xx streaming solutions will be included in Netflix’s DaVinci scaling partner program. Netflix launched the program during the Virtual IBC 2021 Show.
News categories: CommScope, Netflix, Joe Chow, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
Nov 22, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Foxtel to provide its iQ5 streaming set top box. Through the iQ5, viewers can access streaming apps from Foxtel including Netflix, YouTube, ABC iView, SBS On Demand, Amazon Prime, Vevo, and coming soon, Paramount+ and 10Play.
News categories: CommScope, Foxtel, Phil Cardy, Nick Dandy, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated