Digital TV News: MPEG LA
ULDAGE to package MPEG LA patents with ARIB 1-seg patent licence in Japan
Sep 15, 2009 – MPEG LA and ULDAGE have announced a cooperation under which ULDAGE will offer MPEG LA's MPEG-2 Systems License along with ULDAGE's ARIB license to companies based in Japan that sell mobile TV handsets for One-Seg mobile terrestrial broadcasting.
News categories: ULDAGE, MPEG LA, Japan, Licensing, Mobile, Patent
MPEG LA Reduces MPEG-2 Royalty Rates
Jul 6, 2009 – MPEG LA has announced the offering of a new MPEG-2 Patent Portfolio License that will provide uninterrupted coverage for the life of the MPEG-2 essential patents at reduced royalty rates beginning January 1, 2010.
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, DVD, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG LA Updates AVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 2, 2009 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its AVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the AVC/H.264 Standard as defined in ISO/IEC 14496-10:2008, 4th Edition (2008-09-15).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
DVB-T licensing transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL
Aug 29, 2008 – MPEG LA and SISVEL have announced that the administration of the DVB-T licensing program, including the administration of all DVB-T Patent Portfolio Licenses previously executed by MPEG LA and licensees, has been transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL.
News categories: SISVEL, MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Amino Rejects Patent Infringement Claims in Germany
Mar 7, 2008 – Amino has announced that it rejects the claim that it has infringed patents relating to the MPEG-2 digital video compression standard and that it has not been served with any patent enforcement actions.
News categories: Amino Communications, MPEG LA, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
Leading Companies and University Sue Alba for MPEG-2 Patent Infringement
Mar 4, 2008 – MPEG LA has announced that several leading companies and a university have filed patent enforcement actions in District Court Dusseldorf, Germany against Alba for infringing patents essential to the MPEG-2 digital video compression standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Alba, Digital TV, DVD, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Amino Communications Sued for MPEG-2 Patent Infringement
Feb 28, 2008 – MPEG LA has announced that several leading companies and a university have filed separate patent enforcement actions in Germany against Amino Communications for infringing patents essential to the MPEG-2 digital video compression standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Amino Communications, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
MPEG LA Expands Call for HD DVD Patents
Jan 8, 2008 – In its continued response to marketplace interest in the creation of a joint HD DVD patent license including as much essential intellectual property as possible, MPEG LA has expanded its call for patents essential to the implementation of the HD DVD Standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, HD-DVD, Licensing, Patent
MPEG LA Issues ATSC Patent Portfolio License
Sep 20, 2007 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the ATSC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the digital television standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and used in digital TVs sold in the United States, South Korea, Mexico, Canada and other countries.
News categories: MPEG LA, ATSC 3, Canada, Digital TV, Korea, Licensing, Mexico, Patent, Terrestrial, USA
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India