Digital TV News: MTI
Robi and Bongo to launch video streaming in Bangladesh
Apr 2, 2019 – Robi Axiata and Stellar Digital, popularly known as Bongo, have announced that they plan to offer an on-demand video streaming service to Robi and Airtel subscribers. The commercial free service includes live TV as well as video on demand content.
News categories: Robi Axiata, Stellar Digital, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, Ahad Mohammad Bha, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
Naspers to separately list and unbundle its Video Entertainment business
Sep 17, 2018 – Naspers has announced its intention to list its Video Entertainment business separately on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. The new company will be named MultiChoice Group and will include MultiChoice South Africa, MultiChoice Africa, Showmax Africa, and Irdeto.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Bob van Dijk, Imtiaz Patel, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, South Africa, Worldwide
MaxLinear Ku-band downconverter IC selected by MTI for Sky Q wideband LNBs
Sep 20, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that a chip in its MxL80x RF downconverter family has been selected by Microelectronics Technology Inc. (MTI) for a new wideband LNB that will ship to customers of Sky UK to enable its innovative Sky Q services.
News categories: MaxLinear, Microelectronics Technology Inc., Will Torgerson, Eugene Wu, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA, Satellite
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Over 50 companies sign up for Rovi HEVC Beta Program
Apr 8, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that over 50 companies, including representatives from some of the leading companies in digital media creation, transcoding, and delivery, have signed up to participate in its HEVC Beta Program.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Content Distribution, NABShow
DStv Mobile on Cellphones, PCs and Tablets
Nov 23, 2010 – MultiChoice South Africa (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the launch of its Mobile TV broadcasting service, DStv Mobile. DStv Mobile can be accessed on a DVB-H enabled cellphone or via MultiChoice's newly introduced Mobile TV decoder, the Drifta.
News categories: MultiChoice, DStv, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa
Entropic Communications Channel Stacking Switch Chosen By MTI For Italy
Jul 26, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been selected by MTI to power its LNB offering, the AK541-XT2, currently being deployed by a major Italian satellite service provider.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Microelectronics Technology Inc, Italy, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK