Digital TV News: MTN
Showmax and Netflix lead Sub-Saharan Africa's SVOD market
Sep 28, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Showmax and Netflix are the dominant players in the African SVOD market with subscriber shares of 31.6% and 29.7% respectively. Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video have struggled to get a foothold.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Ericsson releases November 2019 Mobility Report
Nov 25, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) expects average monthly data-traffic-per-smartphone to increase from the current figure of 7.2 GB to 24 GB by the end of 2025, in part driven by new consumer behavior, such as Virtual Reality (VR) streaming.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
MTN Cyprus presents MTN TV
Apr 6, 2017 – MTN Cyprus has announced its new service, MTN TV. MTN TV offers a TV experience consisting of over 40 channels in two different packs. With TV Go, MTN TV subscribers can enjoy their favourite content outside the home.
News categories: MTN, Philip Van Dalsen, Vasilis Papadopoulos, Apps, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
MTN Nigeria buys DTT broadcasting licence
Sep 16, 2015 – According to Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission, South Africa's MTN has bought a licence to provide pay TV in the country for 34 billion Naira. MTN Nigeria will use part of the 700MHz frequency band to provide digital broadcasting services.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, MTN Nigeria, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Opera TV technology turns online video into apps for connected TV
Jul 11, 2013 – Opera Software has announced the launch of a TV app technology with the ability to transform online video into apps for connected TV - at zero cost and all in less than a minute. The new Opera TV Snap technology has already found its first partner in Dailymotion.
News categories: Opera Software, Dailymotion, Apps, Smart TV, Streaming
DStv Mobile on Cellphones, PCs and Tablets
Nov 23, 2010 – MultiChoice South Africa (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the launch of its Mobile TV broadcasting service, DStv Mobile. DStv Mobile can be accessed on a DVB-H enabled cellphone or via MultiChoice's newly introduced Mobile TV decoder, the Drifta.
News categories: MultiChoice, DStv, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa
MTNL launches 3G mobile TV in India with Alcatel-Lucent and Aksh Optifibre
Apr 22, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), in collaboration with Aksh Optifibre, has announced that it has enabled the commercial launch of MTNL's 3G-driven mobile TV services in the metro cities of Delhi and Mumbai.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Aksh Optifibre, MTNL, 5G, Content Distribution, India, Mobile
UTStarcom a Leader in China, India IPTV Markets
Jun 30, 2009 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) was named the leading Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) provider in Asia in Multimedia Research Group's (MRG, Inc.) latest Global IPTV Market Leaders Report.
News categories: UTStarcom, Multimedia Research Group, Asia, China, Content Distribution, Content Protection, India, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner